removal of fs/proc/inode-alloc.txt - Kernel

This is a discussion on removal of fs/proc/inode-alloc.txt - Kernel ; I find it weird, that a text file should exists among the directories of C and header files. If it is a legitimate documentation it should go into Documentation subdirectory, correct? Or if it is so short like it currently ...

  1. removal of fs/proc/inode-alloc.txt

    I find it weird, that a text file should exists among the directories
    of C and header files. If it is a legitimate documentation it should
    go into Documentation subdirectory, correct? Or if it is so short
    like it currently is, go into some C file.

    Anyway I don't understand anything about this text file, and from its history:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...=Google+Search

    I don't see its purpose here.

    Can someone comment on its history, can it be removed?

    --
    Regards,
    Peter Teoh

  2. Re: removal of fs/proc/inode-alloc.txt

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 15:13:49 +0800 Peter Teoh wrote:

    > I find it weird, that a text file should exists among the directories
    > of C and header files. If it is a legitimate documentation it should
    > go into Documentation subdirectory, correct? Or if it is so short
    > like it currently is, go into some C file.
    >
    > Anyway I don't understand anything about this text file, and from its history:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...=Google+Search
    >
    > I don't see its purpose here.
    >
    > Can someone comment on its history, can it be removed?

    Alexey,

    With your /proc changes, can you please find a source file to hold this
    small file's comments? or should it just be removed?

    Thanks,
    ---
    ~Randy