tg3:No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode. Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system chipset information. - Kernel

This is a discussion on tg3:No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode. Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system chipset information. - Kernel ; Hi @all, we have installed a dual port Brodcam Gigabit Ethernet NIC, and get the following error in dmesg: tg3: eth1 No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode. Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and ...

  1. tg3:No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode. Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system chipset information.

    Hi @all,

    we have installed a dual port Brodcam Gigabit Ethernet NIC, and get the
    following error in dmesg:

    tg3: eth1 No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode.
    Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system
    chipset information.

    Who is responsible for this error message? We are using Kernel 2.6.21.1
    and the NIC Chipset is a Broadcom BCM5715CKPBG

    Regards,

    Marc

  2. Re: tg3:No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode. Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system chipset information.

    From: Marc Donner
    Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:58:30 +0100

    Please report networking problems to netdev@vger.kernel.org
    (added to CC

    Many networking developers do not read linux-kernel

    > Hi @all,
    >
    > we have installed a dual port Brodcam Gigabit Ethernet NIC, and get the
    > following error in dmesg:
    >
    > tg3: eth1 No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode.
    > Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system
    > chipset information.
    >
    > Who is responsible for this error message? We are using Kernel 2.6.21.1
    > and the NIC Chipset is a Broadcom BCM5715CKPBG
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Marc
    >
    > --

  3. Re: tg3:No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode. Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system chipset information.

    On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 12:04 -0700, David Miller wrote:
    > From: Marc Donner
    > Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:58:30 +0100
    >
    > Please report networking problems to netdev@vger.kernel.org
    > (added to CC
    >
    > Many networking developers do not read linux-kernel
    >
    > > Hi @all,
    > >
    > > we have installed a dual port Brodcam Gigabit Ethernet NIC, and get the
    > > following error in dmesg:
    > >
    > > tg3: eth1 No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode.
    > > Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system
    > > chipset information.
    > >
    > > Who is responsible for this error message? We are using Kernel 2.6.21.1
    > > and the NIC Chipset is a Broadcom BCM5715CKPBG

    This message means that your system chipset (not the NIC) does not
    support MSI. Please provide lspci -vvv to show the system chipset on
    your system. Thanks.