History of Linux File !!! - Kernel

This is a discussion on History of Linux File !!! - Kernel ; Hi, Is there any way tosee the history of a linux kernel file.... I mean .. when it is updated changed or what is the latest version ... --Prabhu -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" ...

  1. History of Linux File !!!

    Hi,

    Is there any way tosee the history of a linux kernel file....

    I mean .. when it is updated changed or what is the latest version ...

    --Prabhu

  2. Re: History of Linux File !!!

    On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Prabhu Chawandi
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any way tosee the history of a linux kernel file....
    >
    > I mean .. when it is updated changed or what is the latest version ...

    try :

    $ git whatchanged -p path/to/your/file

    --
    Thanks,
    Jike

  3. Re: History of Linux File !!!

    On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Prabhu Chawandi
    wrote:
    > Thanks ..
    >
    > Or do v have any site ... where we can see all version as we see in WinCVS ?

    I have no idea about wincvs... Anyway, here is the git web of Linus tree:

    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne.../linux-2.6.git

    Besides, google it before posting to LKML should be a good idea

    --
    Thanks,
    Jike

  4. Re: History of Linux File !!!

    Thanks ..

    Or do v have any site ... where we can see all version as we see in WinCVS ?

    Prabhu