Re: tip is broken with NOHZ: restart tick device from irq_enter() - Kernel

This is a discussion on Re: tip is broken with NOHZ: restart tick device from irq_enter() - Kernel ; On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Yinghai Lu wrote: > all my servers are broken with following commit. Can you please explain what exactly is broken ? Thanks, tglx -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...

  1. Re: tip is broken with NOHZ: restart tick device from irq_enter()

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Yinghai Lu wrote:

    > all my servers are broken with following commit.

    Can you please explain what exactly is broken ?

    Thanks,

    tglx

  2. Re: tip is broken with NOHZ: restart tick device from irq_enter()

    On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2008, Yinghai Lu wrote:
    >
    >> all my servers are broken with following commit.

    > Can you please explain what exactly is broken ?

    system will hang after

    initcall pcibios_assign_resources+0x0/0x88 returned 0 after 732 msecs
    calling inet_init+0x0/0x1f2 @ 1
    NET: Registered protocol family 2

    YH