2.6.27 gspca driver fails with Trust WB-1400T - Kernel

This is a discussion on 2.6.27 gspca driver fails with Trust WB-1400T - Kernel ; Hi i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module (media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day snapshot.) Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver i get: gspca: main v2.2.0 registered usbcore: registered new ...

  1. 2.6.27 gspca driver fails with Trust WB-1400T

    Hi

    i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module
    (media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day
    snapshot.)

    Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver

    i get:

    gspca: main v2.2.0
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    conex

    conex:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    etoms

    etoms:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    mars

    mars:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    ov519

    ov519:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    pac207

    pac207:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    pac7311

    pac7311:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    sonixb

    sonixb:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    sonixj

    sonixj:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    spca500

    spca500:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    spca501

    spca501:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    spca505

    spca505:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    spca506

    spca506:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    spca508

    spca508:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    spca561

    spca561:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    sunplus

    sunplus:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    stk014

    stk014:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    t613

    t613:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    tv8532

    tv8532:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    vc032x

    vc032x:
    registered

    usbcore: registered new interface driver
    zc3xx

    zc3xx: registered

    gspca: probing
    093a:2468

    pac207: Pixart Sensor ID 0x27 Chips ID
    0x08

    pac207: Pixart PAC207BCA Image Processor and Control Chip detected
    (vid/pid 0x093A:0x2468)
    gspca: probe ok

    i have node device created, but picture is totally corrupted, with skype
    (sorry!) i have a green and black window,
    with mplayer or kopete i have a black one, while before with old driver
    it was working perfectly.
    Any hints?

    lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 093a:2468 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Easy Snap Snake
    Eye WebCam

    Here i read my device works, but it's not my case.
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Featu...rWebcamSupport

    i'm running a core2 in 64bit mode.

    Please CC me i'm not subscribed

    ---
    Patrizio Bassi
    www.patriziobassi.it

  2. Re: 2.6.27 gspca driver fails with Trust WB-1400T

    man, 13 10 2008 kl. 22:19 +0200, skrev Patrizio Bassi:
    > Hi
    >
    > i have a Trust 1400T perfectly working on 2.6.26 using external module
    > (media-video/gspcav1-20071224 is the gentoo version so it's that day
    > snapshot.)
    >
    > Upgrading to 2.6.27 kernel, using integrated kernel driver

    Does the following text explain it (imagine the text being at the front
    page of [2])?

    "Historically, there has been a number of different projects ([1], ...),
    providing v4l drivers outside of the mainline Linux kernel. If you are
    migrating from drivers by such projects, you might need to know a few
    things. The drivers provided by this project do not do various color
    conversion routines in the kernel, but in a userspace library that we
    also provide [3].

    This means that programs that use v4l and v4l2 must either be
    - able to do the necessary color conversion themselves,
    - link against our userspace library that provides these
    conversions, or
    - be loaded using an appropriately set LD_PRELOAD environment
    variable."

    [1] http://mxhaard.free.fr/
    [2] http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Main_Page
    [3] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hgoede/v4l-dvb