Initial Console - Kernel

This is a discussion on Initial Console - Kernel ; Hi All, Initial console /dev/console in the kernel is directed to /dev/ttyS0, Any bosy is having info, where exavtly in which file has been done so.. if not what exactly is happening to initialize console to ttyS0. Please have your ...

  1. Initial Console

    Hi All,

    Initial console /dev/console in the kernel is directed to /dev/ttyS0,

    Any bosy is having info, where exavtly in which file has been done so..

    if not what exactly is happening to initialize console to ttyS0.

    Please have your words...

    thanks
    prabhu

  2. Re: Initial Console

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Prabhu Chawandi wrote:
    > Initial console /dev/console in the kernel is directed to /dev/ttyS0,

    Depends...

    > Any bosy is having info, where exavtly in which file has been done so..

    drivers/char/tty_io.c, look for `TTYAUX_MAJOR, 1'.

    > if not what exactly is happening to initialize console to ttyS0.

    .... depends on the list of available console devices, and the `console=' kernel
    command line parameter.

    Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

    Geert

    -- Linus Torvalds