2.6.26.6-rt10 - Kernel

This is a discussion on 2.6.26.6-rt10 - Kernel ; We are pleased to announce the 2.6.26.6-rt10 tree, which can be downloaded from the location: http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/ Information on the RT patch can be found at: http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page Changes since 2.6.26.5-rt9 - ported to 2.6.26.6 - rwlock to handle unnested order unlocks ...

  1. 2.6.26.6-rt10

    We are pleased to announce the 2.6.26.6-rt10 tree, which can be
    downloaded from the location:

    http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/

    Information on the RT patch can be found at:

    http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

    Changes since 2.6.26.5-rt9

    - ported to 2.6.26.6

    - rwlock to handle unnested order unlocks (Steven Rostedt)

    - rwlock update torture test to test unnested unlocks (Steven Rostedt)

    - remove rt push comment (Gregory Haskins)

    - rt sched fix to handle dequeue (Gregory Haskins)

    - PPC: remove duplicate stack trace code (Robert Schwebel)

    - ARM: ftrace event IRQ call fix (Alexander Pazdnikov)

    - fair sched not to resched RT tasks (Peter Zijlstra)

    - ftrace quick stop (Steven Rostedt)

    - event trace of resched (Steven Rostedt)

    to build a 2.6.26.6-rt10 tree, the following patches should be applied:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...2.6.26.tar.bz2
    http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v...h-2.6.26.6.bz2
    http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/pat....26.6-rt10.bz2

    And like always, my RT version of Matt Mackall's ketchup will get this
    for you nicely:

    http://people.redhat.com/srostedt/rt...chup-0.9.8-rt3

    The broken out patches are also available.

    -- Steve

  2. Re: 2.6.26.6-rt10

    Hi Steven,

    Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > We are pleased to announce the 2.6.26.6-rt10 tree, which can be
    > downloaded from the location:
    >
    > http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/
    >
    > Information on the RT patch can be found at:
    >
    > http://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page
    >
    > Changes since 2.6.26.5-rt9
    >
    > - ported to 2.6.26.6
    >
    > - rwlock to handle unnested order unlocks (Steven Rostedt)
    >
    > - rwlock update torture test to test unnested unlocks (Steven Rostedt)
    >
    > - remove rt push comment (Gregory Haskins)
    >
    > - rt sched fix to handle dequeue (Gregory Haskins)
    >
    > - PPC: remove duplicate stack trace code (Robert Schwebel)
    >
    > - ARM: ftrace event IRQ call fix (Alexander Pazdnikov)
    >
    > - fair sched not to resched RT tasks (Peter Zijlstra)
    >
    > - ftrace quick stop (Steven Rostedt)
    >
    > - event trace of resched (Steven Rostedt)
    >

    > to build a 2.6.26.6-rt10 tree, the following patches should be applied:
    >
    > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...2.6.26.tar.bz2
    > http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v...h-2.6.26.6.bz2
    > http://rt.et.redhat.com/download/pat....26.6-rt10.bz2
    >

    > And like always, my RT version of Matt Mackall's ketchup will get this
    > for you nicely:
    >
    > http://people.redhat.com/srostedt/rt...chup-0.9.8-rt3
    >

    > The broken out patches are also available.
    >

    > -- Steve
    >

    > --

    I found a compilation error while compiling this new version of the rt
    pach. I guess the following line is enough for you to trace the problem:

    kernel/trace/trace_events.c:49: error: ‘function_trace_stop’ undeclared
    (first use in this function)

    It seems that an 'extern int function_trace_stop' is missing somewhere...

    Regards,
    --
    Luis Henriques

  3. Re: 2.6.26.6-rt10

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Luis Henriques wrote:

    > > - ftrace quick stop (Steven Rostedt)
    > >

    > I found a compilation error while compiling this new version of the rt
    > pach. I guess the following line is enough for you to trace the problem:
    >
    > kernel/trace/trace_events.c:49: error: ?function_trace_stop? undeclared
    > (first use in this function)
    >
    > It seems that an 'extern int function_trace_stop' is missing somewhere...

    Hi Luis,

    What arch did you compile this on? I did a make allmodconfig on x86_64
    and it compiled to completion. I also ran this on x86_64 and i386 boxes
    (a more natural config).

    Could you send me your config and tell me what arch you compiled this for.

    Thanks,

    -- Steve

  4. Re: 2.6.26.6-rt10

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Luis Henriques wrote:

    > I found a compilation error while compiling this new version of the rt
    > pach. I guess the following line is enough for you to trace the problem:
    >
    > kernel/trace/trace_events.c:49: error: ?function_trace_stop? undeclared
    > (first use in this function)
    >
    > It seems that an 'extern int function_trace_stop' is missing somewhere...

    Luis, I just released a -rt11 that should fix this for you. Can you
    download it and give it a try.

    Thanks,

    -- Steve

  5. Re: 2.6.26.6-rt10

    Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Luis Henriques wrote:
    >> I found a compilation error while compiling this new version of the rt
    >> pach. I guess the following line is enough for you to trace the problem:
    >>
    >> kernel/trace/trace_events.c:49: error: ?function_trace_stop? undeclared
    >> (first use in this function)
    >>
    >> It seems that an 'extern int function_trace_stop' is missing somewhere...
    >>

    > Luis, I just released a -rt11 that should fix this for you. Can you
    > download it and give it a try.

    Hi Steve,

    just recompiled it and, although I did not really tested it (just booted
    the new kernel), it seems to works like a charm

    Regards,
    --
    Luis Henriques