Re: Sysrq+B doesn't work on my box - Kernel

This is a discussion on Re: Sysrq+B doesn't work on my box - Kernel ; On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:45:24PM +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote: > Hi > > I'd like to get resolved this problem - my T61 machine doesn't reboot > with SysRQ+B key. > And I never remember if it was ...

  1. Re: Sysrq+B doesn't work on my box

    On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:45:24PM +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'd like to get resolved this problem - my T61 machine doesn't reboot
    > with SysRQ+B key.
    > And I never remember if it was ever rebooting.
    >
    > This is all I know so far and I've no idea where could be the problem.
    >
    > System is running Fedora rawhide 64bit.
    >
    > If I press any other SysRQ combination - it works - so things like
    > Sync, Umount, powerOff do work normally.
    > It's just Boot which does not even get to the __handle routine
    > (I've added one extra simple debug prinkt
    > for this case)
    >
    > So - who/how/where could mask this key sequence from being delivered
    > to the sysrq driver?
    > (obviously I do not have any problems typing letter 'b' itself)
    >

    > Another issue is - that even with 'echo b >/proc/sysrq-triggers' my
    > machine doesn't reboot.

    Typo here? Do

    /bin/echo b >/proc/sysrq-trigger

    (sic)

  2. Re: Sysrq+B doesn't work on my box

    2008/7/31 Alexey Dobriyan :
    > On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:45:24PM +0200, Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'd like to get resolved this problem - my T61 machine doesn't reboot
    >> with SysRQ+B key.
    >> And I never remember if it was ever rebooting.
    >>
    >> This is all I know so far and I've no idea where could be the problem.
    >>
    >> System is running Fedora rawhide 64bit.
    >>
    >> If I press any other SysRQ combination - it works - so things like
    >> Sync, Umount, powerOff do work normally.
    >> It's just Boot which does not even get to the __handle routine
    >> (I've added one extra simple debug prinkt
    >> for this case)
    >>
    >> So - who/how/where could mask this key sequence from being delivered
    >> to the sysrq driver?
    >> (obviously I do not have any problems typing letter 'b' itself)
    >>

    >> Another issue is - that even with 'echo b >/proc/sysrq-triggers' my
    >> machine doesn't reboot.

    > Typo here? Do
    >
    > /bin/echo b >/proc/sysrq-trigger

    Really only a typo during mail writting - normally I use bash 'tab'
    completion for this anyway.
    (also - as I said - debug messages I've placed into
    arch/x86/kernel/reboot.c are really printed - machine just doesn't
    reboot for some reason)

    Zdenek