Re: 463 kernel developers missing! - Kernel

This is a discussion on Re: 463 kernel developers missing! - Kernel ; David Schwartz wrote: > because he has consent Not. See below. Also remember that there are sometimes tags added to the changelogs without having ensured that the respective person agrees to this addition. > if you want to > argue ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 82 of 82

  1. Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

    David Schwartz wrote:
    > because he has consent

    Not. See below. Also remember that there are sometimes tags added to
    the changelogs without having ensured that the respective person agrees
    to this addition.

    > if you want to
    > argue that people must parse GPL submissions to figure out what's really
    > covered by the GPL and what's not, you can certainly argue that.

    The metadata (authorship, committership, changelog including sign-off
    tags...) are not part of the submitted program source code.

    The fact that I agreed to have aspects of my participation in the open
    source project documented in the SCM does not imply an agreement that
    these data may be copied into databases which serve other purposes.
    --
    Stefan Richter

  2. Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

    On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:32:29PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > However publishing a name and performing data processing on personal data
    > databases for other purposes is not the same thing at least in some
    > jurisdictions. In the EU you collect data "for a purpose".

    And in some countries (at least France) you need to declare the existence
    of a list you constitute from personal data (names, addresses, etc...)
    and the persons referenced in your list are always granted a right to
    be removed upon a simple request. This right is scrupulously respected,
    and I can say that I've successfully used it many times to be removed
    from advertisers' lists.

    Anyway, I don't care much about Jon's list right now.

    Willy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5