Re: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option - Kernel

This is a discussion on Re: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option - Kernel ; 2008/7/21 Ben Collins : > > Could you rebase it on latest git (lots of fuzz)? Other than that, it > looks good to me. We've been carrying this patch forever, so would be > nice to have it applied ...

  1. Re: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option

    2008/7/21 Ben Collins :

    > Could you rebase it on latest git (lots of fuzz)? Other than that, it
    > looks good to me. We've been carrying this patch forever, so would be
    > nice to have it applied upstream finally.

    I tried the current patch (acpi-dsdt-initrd-v0.9a-2.6.25.patch) with
    fedora kernel-2.6.27-0.161.rc0.git6.fc10 which is git6 and it compiled
    without any problems. I didn't modify anything on the patch. so it
    should be "production" ready in its current state, shouldn't it? Maybe
    this time it can make its way upstream.

  2. Re: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option

    2008/7/21 Ben Collins :
    > I didn't have any problems with it either, but I would hate for some
    > fuzz to keep it from getting accepted

    I looked at it and it looks ok to me. The "fuzzy" part is stripped
    down, compared to the previous version. It should be ready now.

  3. Re: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option