Please pull ACPI tree - Kernel

This is a discussion on Please pull ACPI tree - Kernel ; This reverts some double commits and a trouble some FADT patch. Also some last minute patches. The following changes since commit 5b664cb235e97afbf34db9c4d77f08ebd725335e: Linus Torvalds (1): Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../mfasheh/ocfs2 are available in the git repository at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ak/linux-acpi-merge-2.6 release-2.6.27 Andi ...

  1. Please pull ACPI tree

    This reverts some double commits and a trouble some FADT patch.

    Also some last minute patches.

    The following changes since commit 5b664cb235e97afbf34db9c4d77f08ebd725335e:
    Linus Torvalds (1):
    Merge branch 'upstream-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/.../mfasheh/ocfs2

    are available in the git repository at:

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ak/linux-acpi-merge-2.6 release-2.6.27

    Andi Kleen (4):
    Revert "Fix FADT parsing"
    Revert "dock: bay: Don't call acpi_walk_namespace() when ACPI is disabled."
    Merge branch 'merge' into release-2.6.27
    Revert "ACPI: don't walk tables if ACPI was disabled"

    Bjorn Helgaas (1):
    ACPI: stop complaints about interrupt link End Tags and blank IRQ descriptors

    Zhao Yakui (2):
    ACPI: Ignore _BQC object when registering backlight device
    ACPI : Set FAN device to correct state in boot phase

    drivers/acpi/bay.c | 3 --
    drivers/acpi/dock.c | 3 --
    drivers/acpi/glue.c | 3 --
    drivers/acpi/pci_link.c | 31 +++++++++++++++++++----------
    drivers/acpi/tables/tbfadt.c | 17 +++++----------
    drivers/acpi/thermal.c | 43 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    drivers/acpi/video.c | 14 +++++++++++-

  2. Re: Please pull ACPI tree

    * Andi Kleen wrote:

    > This reverts some double commits and a trouble some FADT patch.

    > Andi Kleen (4):
    > Revert "dock: bay: Don't call acpi_walk_namespace() when ACPI is disabled."

    in that commit log you say:

    Revert "dock: bay: Don't call acpi_walk_namespace() when ACPI is disabled."
    Revert double commit by mistake. Noticed by Thomas Gleixner.

    it wasnt just "noticed" by Thomas, he sent a reverter patch with commit
    message and patch included. Why didnt you simply apply the patch from
    Thomas?

    Ingo

  3. Re: Please pull ACPI tree

    On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 04:23:43PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > * Andi Kleen wrote:
    >
    > > This reverts some double commits and a trouble some FADT patch.

    > > Andi Kleen (4):
    > > Revert "dock: bay: Don't call acpi_walk_namespace() when ACPI is disabled."

    > in that commit log you say:
    >
    > Revert "dock: bay: Don't call acpi_walk_namespace() when ACPI is disabled."
    > Revert double commit by mistake. Noticed by Thomas Gleixner.
    >
    > it wasnt just "noticed" by Thomas, he sent a reverter patch with commit
    > message and patch included. Why didnt you simply apply the patch from
    > Thomas?

    Of course so that you have something to complain about. I know
    that is your favorite pastime in the last months, so I didn't want to deny
    you the fun.

    Seriously, typing in git revert is the way to apply a revert.
    I could have cut'n'pasted his commit message, but it didn't seem
    to make much difference.

    -Andi (who is amazed he has to write emails on trivialities like this)