ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option - Kernel

This is a discussion on ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option - Kernel ; This feature was considered problematic for the 2.6.25 kernel. And the 0.9x version was rewritten to make the patch work better with the new kernel (here it is: http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml ). What about adding it to the new 2.6.27? -- To ...

  1. ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option

    This feature was considered problematic for the 2.6.25 kernel. And the
    0.9x version was rewritten to make the patch work better with the new
    kernel (here it is: http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml ). What about
    adding it to the new 2.6.27?

  2. Re: ACPI: ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_INITRD option

    On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 12:44 +0200, Joshua C. wrote:
    > This feature was considered problematic for the 2.6.25 kernel. And the
    > 0.9x version was rewritten to make the patch work better with the new
    > kernel (here it is: http://gaugusch.at/kernel.shtml ). What about
    > adding it to the new 2.6.27?

    Could you rebase it on latest git (lots of fuzz)? Other than that, it
    looks good to me. We've been carrying this patch forever, so would be
    nice to have it applied upstream finally.