genetlink: genl_unregister_mc_group - Kernel

This is a discussion on genetlink: genl_unregister_mc_group - Kernel ; Hi, is there a special reason why genl_unregister_mc_group is not exported for module usage? thanks, Jiri Olsa -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at ...

  1. genetlink: genl_unregister_mc_group

    Hi,

    is there a special reason why genl_unregister_mc_group
    is not exported for module usage?

    thanks,
    Jiri Olsa

  2. Re: genetlink: genl_unregister_mc_group

    From: Jiri Olsa
    Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:20:35 +0200

    > is there a special reason why genl_unregister_mc_group
    > is not exported for module usage?

    When there is an in-tree modular use of this function, we
    will export it.

  3. Re: genetlink: genl_unregister_mc_group

    David Miller wrote:
    > From: Jiri Olsa
    > Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:20:35 +0200
    >
    >> is there a special reason why genl_unregister_mc_group
    >> is not exported for module usage?

    > When there is an in-tree modular use of this function, we
    > will export it.

    I'd like to dynamically add and remove multicast groups in my module,
    and I'd like to use a genetlink...
    Any idea besides the design change or leaving the genetlink?

    Jiri Olsa

  4. Re: genetlink: genl_unregister_mc_group

    From: Jiri Olsa
    Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:13:05 +0200

    > I'd like to dynamically add and remove multicast groups in my module,
    > and I'd like to use a genetlink...

    When you merge your module upstream, we'll add the export.