suspend/idle hanging - Kernel

This is a discussion on suspend/idle hanging - Kernel ; I finally got Linux and BusyBox booting on my board, but I've encountered a fairly odd problem... any task that sleeps just goes dead entirely, never resuming. If I enable networking support, this seems to happen before init is even ...

  1. suspend/idle hanging

    I finally got Linux and BusyBox booting on my board, but I've encountered a
    fairly odd problem... any task that sleeps just goes dead entirely, never
    resuming. If I enable networking support, this seems to happen before init is
    even spawned (in this case, inside cpu_idle() according to remote gdb).

    I'm guessing interrupts aren't firing for some reason, but does anyone else
    have any ideas? Maybe this is more obvious/common than I'm guessing.

    Thanks,

    Luke

  2. Re: suspend/idle hanging

    On Fri 2008-07-11 23:51:32, Luke -Jr wrote:
    > I finally got Linux and BusyBox booting on my board, but I've encountered a
    > fairly odd problem... any task that sleeps just goes dead entirely, never
    > resuming. If I enable networking support, this seems to happen before init is
    > even spawned (in this case, inside cpu_idle() according to remote gdb).
    >
    > I'm guessing interrupts aren't firing for some reason, but does anyone else
    > have any ideas? Maybe this is more obvious/common than I'm guessing.

    Try irqpoll? nohz=off?
    Pavel
    (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pav...rses/blog.html