x86: unifying the 32 and 64 bit machine check handlers - Kernel

This is a discussion on x86: unifying the 32 and 64 bit machine check handlers - Kernel ; Is anybody currently working on combining the machine check handlers for 32-bit and 64-bit x86? If there is interest I could post some rough patches to get this started. thanks, Max -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line ...

  1. x86: unifying the 32 and 64 bit machine check handlers

    Is anybody currently working on combining the machine check handlers for
    32-bit and 64-bit x86? If there is interest I could post some rough
    patches to get this started.

    thanks,
    Max

  2. Re: x86: unifying the 32 and 64 bit machine check handlers

    * Max Asbock wrote:

    > Is anybody currently working on combining the machine check handlers
    > for 32-bit and 64-bit x86? If there is interest I could post some
    > rough patches to get this started.

    sure, please do! I'd suggest to work against tip/master:

    http://people.redhat.com/mingo/tip.git/README

    as there's tons of x86 changes queued up already.

    (ideally we'd like to see mcelog to work on 32-bit as well.)

    Ingo

  3. Re: x86: unifying the 32 and 64 bit machine check handlers

    On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > * Max Asbock wrote:
    >
    >> Is anybody currently working on combining the machine check handlers
    >> for 32-bit and 64-bit x86? If there is interest I could post some
    >> rough patches to get this started.

    > sure, please do! I'd suggest to work against tip/master:
    >
    > http://people.redhat.com/mingo/tip.git/README
    >
    > as there's tons of x86 changes queued up already.
    >
    > (ideally we'd like to see mcelog to work on 32-bit as well.)

    suggest for now on:
    merge should be change xxx_32.c xxx_64.c step by step till them become
    all the same. So we can track the change for every file for both arch

    like io_apic_32.c/io_apic_64.c apic_32.c/apic_64.c, sort the functions
    at first...

    YH