PCI tree info - Kernel

This is a discussion on PCI tree info - Kernel ; The PCI tree now lives in git: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6. There are a few branches: for-linus - stuff headed to Linus in the next pull request linux-next - patches targetted at the following release master - unmodified Linus upstream branch I'll try ...

  1. PCI tree info

    The PCI tree now lives in git:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6. There are a
    few branches:
    for-linus - stuff headed to Linus in the next pull request
    linux-next - patches targetted at the following release
    master - unmodified Linus upstream branch

    I'll try to avoid re-basing, but since the main downstream tree is the PCI
    hotplug tree, and Kristen uses quilt, that probably won't be much of an
    issue.

    If we end up with some big patchsets (like the resource management unification
    benh has been talking about) needing a lot of testing, I may create a 'test'
    or 'all' branch for akpm and others, but I'll keep everyone posted in that
    case.

    Thanks,
    Jesse

  2. Re: PCI tree info

    On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:00:08AM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > The PCI tree now lives in git:
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6. There are a
    > few branches:
    > for-linus - stuff headed to Linus in the next pull request
    > linux-next - patches targetted at the following release
    > master - unmodified Linus upstream branch
    >
    > I'll try to avoid re-basing, but since the main downstream tree is the PCI
    > hotplug tree, and Kristen uses quilt, that probably won't be much of an
    > issue.

    You should send in a patch to MAINTAINERS to point to this new tree
    there.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

  3. Re: PCI tree info

    On Tuesday, April 29, 2008 11:27 am Greg KH wrote:
    > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:00:08AM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > > The PCI tree now lives in git:
    > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6. There are
    > > a few branches:
    > > for-linus - stuff headed to Linus in the next pull request
    > > linux-next - patches targetted at the following release
    > > master - unmodified Linus upstream branch
    > >
    > > I'll try to avoid re-basing, but since the main downstream tree is the
    > > PCI hotplug tree, and Kristen uses quilt, that probably won't be much of
    > > an issue.

    > You should send in a patch to MAINTAINERS to point to this new tree
    > there.

    Yep, already done.

    Thanks,
    Jesse

  4. Re: PCI tree info

    Hi Jesse,

    On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:00:08 -0700 Jesse Barnes wrote:

    > The PCI tree now lives in git:
    > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6. There area
    > few branches:
    > for-linus - stuff headed to Linus in the next pull request
    > linux-next - patches targetted at the following release

    I have added both these to linux-next as "pci-current" and "pci"
    respectively. These have just you as the contact - let me know if you
    want someone else as well (or even a mailing list).

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  5. Re: PCI tree info

    wrote:
    > > The PCI tree now lives in git:
    > > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/pci-2.6. There are
    > > a few branches:
    > > for-linus - stuff headed to Linus in the next pull request
    > > linux-next - patches targetted at the following release

    > I have added both these to linux-next as "pci-current" and "pci"
    > respectively. These have just you as the contact - let me know if you
    > want someone else as well (or even a mailing list).

    Thanks Stephen. Can you also keep the linux-pci list in the loop for any
    problems you find?

    Thanks,
    Jesse