Hi everyone,

the attached patch (against 2.6.25) allows to recognize and run the ONDA
ET502HS HSDPA modem (which seems to be widespread here in Italy) through
the option driver without any further udev configuration or external
software (usb_modeswitch). Here is what I did:

1. add an unusual device entry in unusual_devs.h to bypass the ZeroCD
mechanism;
2. add proper PCI vendor and product IDs in option.c.

It works reliably for me (no oopses, no hangs, download peaks of
300KB/s) on a Dell Precision M20 Laptop running Debian (lenny).
Two warnings:

1. It takes as much as 30s for the device to setup properly as a modem,
so watch the logs for /dev/ttyUSB* devices to appear before firing off
the connection scripts.
2. The actual modem device is /dev/ttyUSB1.

Please CC me in any answer as I am not subscribed to the list.

Mauro Andreolini
--
Ing. Mauro Andreolini - Ph.D., Research Associate
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione