linux-next: Tree for April 16 - Kernel

This is a discussion on linux-next: Tree for April 16 - Kernel ; Hi all, Overall still getting much better ... News: At Randy Dunlap's suggestion, I have added a LATEST-IS- file to http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...fr/linux-next/ . The name after "LATEST-IS-" is the prefix of the tar files and the tag of the tree. Stats: ...

  1. linux-next: Tree for April 16

    Hi all,

    Overall still getting much better ...

    News:

    At Randy Dunlap's suggestion, I have added a LATEST-IS- file to
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...fr/linux-next/. The name
    after "LATEST-IS-" is the prefix of the tar files and the tag of the tree.

    Stats:

    From origin/master ...
    4293 files changed, 418772 insertions(+), 202656 deletions(-)
    $ git rev-list origin/master.. | wc -l
    5261

    Changes since next-20080415:

    A revert was required on the v4l-dvb tree.

    Also on the ide tree - as well as a small patch.

    The acpi tree lost three merge conflicts but gained another one. It also
    lost two fixup patches.

    The x86-latest tree lost three merge conflicts.

    I needed to revert the firesat driver from the ldp tree.

    The 4xx tree needed to reverts to get the powerpc allyesconfig to build.

    A couple of fixup patches were merged into the respective trees but the
    galak tree required a small include file fixup.

    It would be helpful at this point (close to the new merge window) for
    subsystem maintainers to attempt to rebase on/merge with Linus' tree to
    see how many of the outstanding merge conflicts can be fixed within their
    tree.

    I have created today's linux-next tree at
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sfr/linux-next.git
    (tar balls at
    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...fr/linux-next/).

    You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
    file in the source. There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log files
    in the Next directory. Between each merge, the tree was built with
    a ppc64_defconfig for powerpc and an allmodconfig for x86_64. After the
    final fixups, it is also built with powerpc allnoconfig,
    44x/ebony_defconfig and allyesconfig.

    There were a few merge conflicts (fairly trivial and/or notified) and
    couple of build failures (notified). Below is a summary of the state of
    the merge.

    We are up to 57 trees, more are welcome (even if they are currently
    empty). Thanks to those who have contributed, and to those who haven't,
    please do.

    Status of my local build tests will be at
    http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next. If maintainers want to give
    advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
    more builds.

    Thanks to Jan Dittmer for adding the linux-next tree to his build tests
    at http://l4x.org/k/ and the guys at http://test.kernel.org/.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

    Merging origin/master
    Merging x86-fixes/for-linus
    Merging sched-fixes/for-linus
    Merging powerpc-merge/merge
    Merging scsi-rc-fixes/master
    Merging quilt/driver-core
    Merging quilt/pci
    Merging quilt/usb
    Merging x86/for-akpm
    Merging sched/for-akpm
    Merging quilt/device-mapper
    Merging hid/mm
    Merging quilt/i2c
    Merging quilt/kernel-doc
    Merging avr32/avr32-arch
    Merging v4l-dvb/stable
    Created commit 384ee47: Revert "V4L/DVB (7584): Fix build that occurs when CONFIG_VIDEO_PMS=y and VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON=m"
    Merging s390/features
    Merging sh/master
    Merging jfs/next
    Merging kbuild/master
    Merging quilt/ide
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Documentation/ide/ide.txt
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/ide/ide.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/Kbuild
    Created commit 7cea458: Revert "ide: make ide_hwifs[] static"
    Applying ide-fix-2
    Merging libata/NEXT
    Merging nfs/linux-next
    Merging xfs/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/xfs/quota/xfs_qm_syscalls.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/xfs/xfs_ialloc.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/xfs/xfs_mount.c
    Merging infiniband/for-next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/infiniband/hw/amso1100/c2_provider.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/infiniband/hw/cxgb3/iwch_provider.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/infiniband/hw/nes/nes_verbs.c
    Applying infiniband-fix-2
    Merging acpi/test
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/kernel/apm_32.c
    Merging blackfin/for-linus
    Merging nfsd/nfsd-next
    Merging ieee1394/for-next
    Merging hwmon/testing
    Merging ubi/master
    Merging kvm/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/s390/lib/uaccess_pt.c
    CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in include/asm-s390/sysinfo.h
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/asm-x86/kvm_host.h
    Merging dlm/next
    Merging scsi/master
    Merging ia64/test
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/ia64/kernel/mca.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/ia64/mm/tlb.c
    Merging tests/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/Kconfig.debug
    Merging ocfs2/linux-next
    Merging selinux/for-akpm
    Merging quilt/m68k
    Merging powerpc/powerpc-next
    Merging hrt/mm
    Merging lblnet/master
    Merging ext4/next
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/jbd2/journal.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/jbd2/revoke.c
    Merging 4xx/next
    Merging async_tx/next
    Merging udf/for_next
    Merging security-testing/next
    Merging net/master
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in MAINTAINERS
    Merging galak/powerpc-next
    Merging mtd/master
    Merging wireless/master
    Merging crypto/master
    Merging vfs/vfs-2.6.25
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl.c
    Merging semaphore/semaphore
    Merging x86-latest/latest
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/um/Kconfig.i386
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/um/Kconfig.x86_64
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/pci/acpi.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/pci/common.c
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/x86/pci/pci.h
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/asm-x86/ide.h
    CONFLICT (delete/modify): include/asm-x86/semaphore_32.h deleted in HEAD and modified in x86-latest/latest. Version x86-latest/latest of include/asm-x86/semaphore_32.h left in tree.
    CONFLICT (delete/modify): include/asm-x86/semaphore_64.h deleted in HEAD and modified in x86-latest/latest. Version x86-latest/latest of include/asm-x86/semaphore_64.h left in tree.
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/Kconfig.debug
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in lib/Makefile
    $ git rm include/asm-x86/semaphore_32.h include/asm-x86/semaphore_64.h
    Applying x86-latest-kvm-fix-1
    Merging sched-latest/latest
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/base/topology.c
    Merging quilt/ldp
    CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/misc/Makefile
    Created commit 113c3d6: Revert "DVB: add firesat driver"
    Applying parport_pc: wrap PNP probe code in #ifdef CONFIG_PNP
    Applying nsc-ircc: wrap PNP probe code in #ifdef CONFIG_PNP
    Applying smsc-ircc2: wrap PNP probe code in #ifdef CONFIG_PNP
    Applying galak-fix-1
    Created commit 7533b08: Revert "[POWERPC] ibm_newemac: PowerPC 440EP/440GR EMAC PHY clock workaround"
    Created commit 2618991: Revert "[POWERPC] ibm_newemac: PowerPC 440GX EMAC PHY clock workaround"

  2. Re: linux-next: Tree for April 16

    Hi all,

    The next linux-next tree will not be created until Monday April 21
    (unless Linus decides to release 2.6.25 before then :-))

    Do Not Panic and sorry for the inconvenience. :-)
    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au
    http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

  3. Re: linux-next: Tree for April 16

    On 16/04/2008, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > The next linux-next tree will not be created until Monday April 21
    > (unless Linus decides to release 2.6.25 before then :-))
    >
    > Do Not Panic and sorry for the inconvenience. :-)
    >
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au
    >
    > http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

    Hi,

    Is there any reason you can't just make a symbolic link "latest" which
    links to the latest tar file?

    --
    Regards,
    Tom Spink

  4. Re: linux-next: Tree for April 16

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
    > The next linux-next tree will not be created until Monday April 21
    > (unless Linus decides to release 2.6.25 before then :-))

    And hence Linus released 2.6.25 ;-)

    With kind regards,

    Geert Uytterhoeven
    Software Architect

    Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
    The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

    Phone: +32 (0)2 700 8453
    Fax: +32 (0)2 700 8622
    E-mail: Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com
    Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

    Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
    A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
    Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
    VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
    Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619

+ Reply to Thread