Linux 2.6.25-rc9 - Kernel

This is a discussion on Linux 2.6.25-rc9 - Kernel ; I really don't want to do this, and I was actually hoping to release 2.6.25 last weekend (which is why -rc9 is a few days late - just me hoping to not do another -rc at all), but I've done ...

  1. Linux 2.6.25-rc9

    I really don't want to do this, and I was actually hoping to release
    2.6.25 last weekend (which is why -rc9 is a few days late - just me hoping
    to not do another -rc at all), but I've done an -rc9.

    The changes in -rc9 are pretty small (shortlog appended), and 60% of them
    are m68k updates - mostly defconfigs. And some doc updates.

    But there's some network driver updates (tg3 and wireless hostap stand
    out), some late XFS patches and a mvsas driver update (the mvsas driver is
    new in 2.6.25, so that's not going to regress anything .

    The rest is mostly one-liners, with a few reverts going on.

    Dirstat:

    4.2% Documentation/filesystems/
    3.2% Documentation/networking/
    11.4% Documentation/
    55.7% arch/m68k/configs/
    59.4% arch/m68k/
    2.0% arch/powerpc/
    65.7% arch/
    3.6% drivers/net/
    4.2% drivers/scsi/
    12.7% drivers/
    2.3% fs/
    2.2% include/
    3.9% net/

    anyway, the reason for not doing a 2.6.25 is that some people are making
    noises about slab/page-alloc setup issues, and I wanted something out this
    week, but didn't feel comfy doing a final release.

    That said, I think I'll have to do 2.6.25 early next week regardless,
    because we can't just keep holding things back forever. At some point it
    will have to turn into a 2.6.25.x issue, and the developers with stuff
    pending for the next version need to be able to start merging.

    Linus

    PS. This has been a somewhat frustrating last week or so. So if I was even
    less polite to somebody than usual in public or private emails, my
    apologies. You know who you are.

    ---
    Abhijeet Kolekar (1):
    iwlwifi: fix n-band association problem

    Adrian Bunk (18):
    [ATM]: Make atm/he.c:read_prom_byte() static
    [ATM] atm/idt77252.c: Make 2 functions static
    [NET]: Remove Documentation/networking/sk98lin.txt
    V4L/DVB (7485): v4l2-int-device.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide-pnp.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/pci/cmd640.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/ppc/mpc8xx.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/ppc/pmac.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/arm/ide_arm.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/cris/ide-cris.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/h8300/ide-h8300.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/legacy/gayle.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/legacy/buddha.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/legacy/falconide.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/legacy/macide: add MODULE_LICENSE
    ide/legacy/q40ide.c: add MODULE_LICENSE
    net/tokenring/olympic.c section fixes
    m68k: use KBUILD_DEFCONFIG

    Al Viro (1):
    fix endian lossage in forcedeth

    Alan Stern (1):
    USB: fix bug in sg initialization in usbtest

    Alexey Korolev (1):
    mtd: fix broken state in CFI driver caused by FL_SHUTDOWN

    Alok Kataria (1):
    acpi: fix "buggy BIOS check" when CPUs are hot removed

    Andi Kleen (1):
    [NET]: srandom32 fixes for networking v2

    Andrea Arcangeli (1):
    Fix bounce setting for 64-bit

    Andrew Morton (1):
    alpha: get_current(): don't add zero to current_thread_info()->task

    Andrew Paprocki (1):
    [WATCHDOG] it8712f_wdt Zero MSB timeout byte when disabling watchdog

    Anthony Liguori (1):
    virtio_net: remove overzealous printk

    Anton Vorontsov (1):
    [POWERPC] 83xx: Fix wrong USB phy type in mpc837xrdb dts

    Arjan van de Ven (1):
    es1968: fix sleep-while-holding-lock bug

    Balbir Singh (1):
    memory controller: make memory resource control aware of boot options

    Bartlomiej Sieka (1):
    [POWERPC] mpc5200: Amalgamated DTS fixes and updates

    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz (3):
    ide-h8300: 32-bit I/O is unsupported
    ide: use ->ata_input_data in ide_driveid_update()
    libata: fix IDENTIFY order in ata_bus_probe()

    Benjamin Herrenschmidt (3):
    [POWERPC] Fix iSeries hard irq enabling regression
    [POWERPC] Fix deadlock with mmu_hash_lock in hash_page_sync
    pata_sil680: Fix build on arch/ppc

    Benoit Boissinot (2):
    IPv6: only update the lifetime of the relevant temporary address
    IPv6: do not create temporary adresses with too short preferred lifetime

    Bjorn Helgaas (2):
    V4L/DVB (7486): radio-cadet: wrap PNP probe code in #ifdef CONFIG_PNP
    pnp: increase number of devices supported per protocol

    Brad Sawatzky (1):
    USB: serial: fix regression in Visor/Palm OS module for kernels >= 2.6.24

    Bryan Wu (1):
    fix bug - executing FDPIC ELF on NFS mount triggers BUG() at mm/nommu.c:862:/do_mmap_private()

    Carol Hebert (1):
    ipmi: change device node ordering to reflect probe order

    Christian Borntraeger (1):
    kvm: provide kvm.h for all architecture: fixes headers_install

    Chuck Lever (1):
    SUNRPC: Fix a memory leak in rpc_create()

    Clark Rawlins (1):
    USB: Allow initialization of broken keyspan serial adapters.

    Cyrill Gorcunov (2):
    V4L/DVB (7461): bttv: fix missed index check
    V4L/DVB (7460): bttv: Bt832 - fix possible NULL pointer deref

    Dan Williams (1):
    md: close a livelock window in handle_parity_checks5

    Daniel Drake (1):
    ipw2200: set MAC address on radiotap interface

    Daniel Lezcano (1):
    [NETNS][IPV6] tcp - assign the netns for timewait sockets

    Daniel Wagner (1):
    rt61pci: rt61pci_beacon_update do not free skb twice

    Dave Young (2):
    bluetooth : use lockdep sub-classes for diffrent bluetooth protocol
    bluetooth : __rfcomm_dlc_close lock fix

    David Brownell (3):
    drivers/net/usb/pegasus.c: remove in_atomic() check
    USB: another ehci_iaa_watchdog fix
    spi: documentation tweaks

    David Chinner (1):
    [XFS] Fix superblock features2 field alignment problem

    David Howells (5):
    FRV: Handle update_mmu_cache() being called when current->mm is NULL [try #2]
    FRV: Move STACK_TOP_MAX up [try #2]
    FRV: Add support for emulation of userspace atomic ops [try #2]
    FRV: Make NOMMU-mode work with base addresses other than 0xC0000000 [try #2]
    FRV: Don't make smp_{r, w, }mb() interpolate MEMBAR when CONFIG_SMP=n [try #2]

    David S. Miller (11):
    [NET]: Use local_irq_{save,restore}() in napi_complete().
    [SPARC64]: Don't open-code {get,put}_cpu_var() in flush_tlb_pending().
    [BOND]: Fix warning in bond_sysfs.c
    [ATM] firestream: Fix uninitialized var warning.
    [INET]: inet_frag_evictor() must run with BH disabled
    [LLC]: Kill llc_station_mac_sa symbol export.
    [SPARC64]: Fix FPU saving in 64-bit signal handling.
    [SPARC64]: Fix user accesses in regset code.
    [NET]: Undo code bloat in hot paths due to print_mac().
    [SPARC]: Fix several regset and ptrace bugs.
    [IPV4]: Fix byte value boundary check in do_ip_getsockopt().

    Davide Libenzi (2):
    eventfd/kaio integration fix
    signalfd: fix for incorrect SI_QUEUE user data reporting

    Denis V. Lunev (4):
    [NETFILTER]: Replate direct proc_fops assignment with proc_create call.
    [IPV6]: Event type in addrconf_ifdown is mis-used.
    [IPV6]: inet6_dev on loopback should be kept until namespace stop.
    [IPV6]: Fix refcounting for anycast dst entries.

    Dmitri Vorobiev (1):
    Fix typos in Documentation/unaligned-memory-access.txt

    Dmitry Adamushko (1):
    mtd/chips: add missing set_current_state() to cfi_{amdstd,staa}_sync()

    Eliezer Tamir (1):
    BNX2X: Correct bringing chip out of reset

    Eric Paris (1):
    SELinux: don't BUG if fs reuses a superblock

    Eric Sandeen (2):
    [XFS] remove shouting-indirection macros from xfs_sb.h
    [XFS] Ensure "both" features2 slots are consistent

    FUJITA Tomonori (2):
    sparc64: add the segment boundary checking to IOMMUs while merging SG entries
    sparc64: remove unused calc_npages() in iommu_common.h

    Fabio Checconi (2):
    cfq-iosched: fix rcu freeing of cfq io contexts
    cfq-iosched: do not leak ioc_data across iosched switches

    Florian Fainelli (1):
    USB: cp2101: Add identifiers for the Telegesys ETRX2USB

    Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
    m68k: update defconfigs for 2.6.25

    Grant Grundler (1):
    [netdrvr] tulip_read_eeprom fixes for BUG 4420

    Harvey Harrison (2):
    net: marvell.c fix sparse shadowed variable warning
    lzo: fix typo in decompressor

    Heiko Carstens (1):
    Fix "$(AS) -traditional" compile breakage caused by asmlinkage_protect

    Herbert Xu (3):
    [NET]: Add preemption point in qdisc_run
    [IPV6]: Fix ICMP relookup error path dst leak
    [ICMP]: Ensure that ICMP relookup maintains status quo

    Holger Schurig (2):
    libertas: fix spinlock recursion bug
    libertas: fix mode initialization problem

    Hugh Dickins (2):
    splice: use mapping_gfp_mask
    scsi: fix sense_slab/bio swapping livelock

    Ilpo Järvinen (4):
    [TCP]: Restore 2.6.24 mark_head_lost behavior for newreno/fack
    [TCP]: Fix NewReno's fast rexmit/recovery problems with GSOed skb
    [TCP]: tcp_simple_retransmit can cause S+L
    [TCP]: Don't allow FRTO to take place while MTU is being probed

    Ingo Molnar (4):
    forcedeth: fix locking bug with netconsole
    x86: fix nmi_watchdog=2 on Pentium-D CPUs
    x86: print message if nmi_watchdog=2 cannot be enabled
    revert "x86: tsc prevent time going backwards"

    Ivan Kokshaysky (1):
    alpha: fix ALSA DMA mmap crash

    Ivo van Doorn (1):
    rt2x00: Ignore set_state(STATE_SLEEP) failure

    J. Bruce Fields (4):
    Spell out behavior of atomic_dec_and_lock() in kerneldoc
    Documentation: move nfsroot.txt to filesystems/
    Documentation: move rpc-cache.txt to filesystems/
    Move sched-rt-group.txt to scheduler/

    James Bottomley (2):
    Revert "[SCSI] fix bsg queue oops with iscsi logout"
    [SCSI] libsas: Warn if ATA device detected but CONFIG_SCSI_SAS_ATA not set

    James Smart (1):
    [SCSI] hosts.c: fixes for "no error" reported after error scenarios

    Jan Engelhardt (2):
    Fixes to the seq_file document
    [NETFILTER]: nf_nat: autoload IPv4 connection tracking

    Jan Niehusmann (1):
    mac80211: trigger ieee80211_sta_work after opening interface

    Jarek Poplawski (1):
    [ROSE/AX25] af_rose: rose_release() fix

    Jeff Layton (1):
    NFS: initialize flags field in nfs_open_context

    Jens Axboe (1):
    splice: fix infinite loop in generic_file_splice_read()

    Jesse Barnes (1):
    fix IS_I9XX macro in i915 DRM driver

    Jim Meyering (1):
    doc: fix typo in SubmittingPatches

    Jiri Slaby (2):
    Char: ip2, fix sparse warnings
    Char: rio, fix sparse warnings

    Johann Felix Soden (1):
    ata/sata_fsl: Remove unused variable in sata_fsl_probe

    Johannes Berg (1):
    nl80211: fix STA AID bug

    Jonathan Corbet (2):
    Add the seq_file documentation
    Fill out information on patch tags in SubmittingPatches

    Joonwoo Park (3):
    [LLC]: bogus llc packet length
    [LLC]: station source mac address
    [LLC]: skb allocation size for responses

    Josef Bacik (1):
    selinux: prevent rentry into the FS

    Joy Latten (1):
    [CRYPTO] xcbc: Fix crash when ipsec uses xcbc-mac with big data chunk

    Julia Lawall (1):
    drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-4965.c: correct use of ! and &

    KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki (1):
    memcg: fix node_state handling

    Karsten Wiese (1):
    x86: fix call to set_cyc2ns_scale() from time_cpufreq_notifier()

    Kay Sievers (5):
    spi: fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug
    usb gadget: fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug
    usb host: fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug
    watchdog: fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug
    rtc: fix platform driver hotplug/coldplug

    Ke Wei (8):
    [SCSI] mvsas: fill in error info record and phy mode6 bits.
    [SCSI] mvsas: a tag handler implementation
    [SCSI] mvsas : interrupt handling
    [SCSI] mvsas: check hd whether unplugged
    [SCSI] mvsas: retry aborting task.
    [SCSI] mvsas: fix the buffer of rx DMA overflow bug
    [SCSI] mvsas: get phy info.
    [SCSI] mvsas: check subsystem id

    Ken'ichi Ohmichi (1):
    vmcoreinfo: add the symbol "phys_base"

    Kim Phillips (2):
    [POWERPC] 83xx: enable usb in 837x rdb and 83xx defconfigs
    [POWERPC] sata_fsl: reduce compatibility to fsl,pq-sata

    Krzysztof Helt (1):
    acpi thermal: fix result check

    Kumar Gala (2):
    [POWERPC] fsldma: Use compatiable binding as spec
    [POWERPC] Fix defconfigs so we dont set both GENRTC and RTCLIB

    Larry Finger (1):
    ssb-pcicore: Fix IRQ TPS flag handling

    Laurent Pinchart (1):
    [POWERPC] Fix CPM2 SCC1 clock initialization.

    Leonardo Potenza (1):
    [ATM] drivers/atm/iphase.c: compilation warning fix

    Linus Torvalds (6):
    parport_pc: make sure to release IO ports after probing for IT87XX
    Be more careful about marking buffers dirty
    Revert "ACPI: Ignore _BQC object when registering backlight device"
    Revert "smc91x: fix build breakage from the SMC_GET_MAC_ADDR API upgrade"
    Add commentary about the new "asmlinkage_protect()" macro
    Linux 2.6.25-rc9

    Marc Pignat (1):
    atmel_serial: fix uart/console concurrent access

    Mark Fasheh (1):
    Add additional examples in Documentation/spinlocks.txt

    Mark McLoughlin (3):
    xen: refactor xen_{alloc,release}_{pt,pd}()
    xen: Do not pin/unpin PMD pages
    xen: Clear PG_pinned in release_{pt,pd}()

    Mathieu Desnoyers (1):
    markers: use synchronize_sched()

    Matt Carlson (1):
    [TG3]: Add PHY workaround for 5784

    Matti Linnanvuori (1):
    net: Comment dev_kfree_skb_irq and dev_kfree_skb_any better

    Mauro Carvalho Chehab (1):
    V4L/DVB (7499): v4l/dvb Kconfig: Fix bugzilla #10067

    Maxim Shchetynin (1):
    [POWERPC] Fix rtas_flash procfs interface

    Michael Abd-El-Malek (1):
    xen: fix grant table bug

    Michael Buesch (3):
    b43: Add DMA mapping failure messages
    b43: Fix PCMCIA IRQ routing
    ssb-mipscore: Fix interrupt vectors

    Michael Ellerman (1):
    Make pasemi_mac.c depend on PPC_PASEMI to prevent link errors

    Michael Hennerich (1):
    spi: spi_bfin5xx: remove unused label

    Michael Krufky (4):
    V4L/DVB (7495): s5h1409: fix blown-away bit in function s5h1409_set_gpio
    V4L/DVB (7496): pvrusb2: add new usb pid for 75xxx models
    V4L/DVB (7497): pvrusb2: add new usb pid for 73xxx models
    pvrusb2: fix broken build due to patch order dependency

    Michael Trimarchi (1):
    atmel_serial: avoid stopping pdc during transmission

    Mike Frysinger (3):
    Blackfin EMAC Driver: delete unused variables to fixup gcc warnings
    usb net: asix does not really need 10/100mbit
    spi: spi_bfin5xx build fix

    Mike Pagano (1):
    cciss: error: implicit declaration of function 'sg_init_table'

    Mike Snitzer (1):
    nbd: prevent sock_xmit from attempting to use a NULL socket

    Patrick McHardy (3):
    [LLC]: Restrict LLC sockets to root
    [XFRM]: xfrm_user: fix selector family initialization
    [NETFILTER]: xt_hashlimit: fix mask calculation

    Paul Menage (2):
    cgroups: add cgroup support for enabling controllers at boot time
    cgroups: include hierarchy ids in /proc//cgroup

    Paul Mundt (1):
    i2c-ibm_iic: Fast mode parm desc fixup

    Pavel Emelyanov (2):
    [VLAN]: Proc entry is not renamed when vlan device name changes.
    [VLAN]: Fix egress priority mappings leak.

    Pavel Machek (1):
    x86, agpgart: scary messages are fortunately obsolete

    Pete Zaitcev (1):
    ub: remove BUG() after __blk_end_request and fix the condition causing it

    Peter Korsgaard (1):
    dm9601: Fix multicast hash table handling

    Ralf Baechle (1):
    [MIPS] Handle aliases in vmalloc correctly.

    Randy Dunlap (1):
    rtc: rtc-s35390a.c needs the bitreverse library

    Ravikiran G Thirumalai (1):
    x86: fix breakage of vSMP irq operations

    René Bürgel (1):
    [POWERPC] Fix MPC5200 (not B!) device tree so FEC ethernet works

    Richard Kennedy (1):
    USB: ohci: fix 2 timers to fire at jiffies + 1s

    Robert Fitzsimons (3):
    V4L/DVB (7277): bttv: Re-enabling radio support requires the use of struct bttv_fh
    V4L/DVB (7278): bttv: Re-enable radio tuner support for VIDIOCGFREQ/VIDIOCSFREQ ioctls
    V4L/DVB (7400): bttv: Add a radio compat_ioctl file operation

    Robert P. J. Day (3):
    lapb: use the shorter LIST_HEAD form for brevity
    bluetooth: replace deprecated RW_LOCK_UNLOCKED macros
    efs: update error msg to not refer to deleted read_inode()

    Robert Spanton (1):
    USB: serial: ti_usb_3410_5052: Correct TUSB3410 endpoint requirements.

    Roland McGrath (3):
    x86 ptrace: avoid unnecessary wrmsr
    asmlinkage_protect replaces prevent_tail_call
    asmlinkage_protect sys_io_getevents

    Roman Zippel (1):
    HFS+: fix unlink of links

    Rusty Russell (3):
    [NET]: Don't send ICMP_FRAG_NEEDED for GSO packets
    Fix booting pentium+ with dodgy TSC
    virtio: remove overzealous BUG_ON.

    Sergei Shtylyov (3):
    [MIPS] Pb1200: Fix header breakage
    [MIPS] Make KGDB compile on UP
    siimage: fix kernel oops on PPC 44x

    Sreenivasa Honnur (1):
    S2io: Version update for Tx completion patch

    Stefano Brivio (1):
    b43legacy: fix bcm4303 crash

    Stephen Hemminger (1):
    sky2: fix suspend/resume races

    Stephen Smalley (2):
    selinux: handle files opened with flags 3 by checking ioctl permission
    SELinux: more GFP_NOFS fixups to prevent selinux from re-entering the fs code

    Steven Rostedt (1):
    pop previous section in alternative.c

    Steven Toth (3):
    V4L/DVB (7464): Convert driver to use a single SRAM memory map
    V4L/DVB (7465): Fix eeprom parsing and errors on the HVR1800 products
    V4L/DVB (7466): Avoid minor model number warning when an OEM HVR1250 board is detected

    Suresh Siddha (1):
    x86: fix 64-bit asm NOPS for CONFIG_GENERIC_CPU

    Sven Schnelle (3):
    afs: add missing up_write() on return
    afs: remove smp_prcessor_id() from debug macro
    rxrpc: remove smp_processor_id() from debug macro

    Tejun Heo (3):
    libata: uninline atapi_cmd_type()
    libata: ATA_12/16 doesn't fall into ATAPI_MISC
    pata_ali: disable ATAPI DMA

    Thomas Gleixner (2):
    x86: tsc prevent time going backwards
    x86: revert assign IRQs to hpet timer

    Thomas Graf (1):
    [ESP]: Ensure IV is in linear part of the skb to avoid BUG() due to OOB access

    Till Harbaum (1):
    i2c-tiny-usb: New VID/PID pair

    Tobias Mueller (1):
    Input: appletouch - add product IDs for the 4th generation MacBooks

    Trond Myklebust (1):
    SUNRPC: don't call flush_dcache_page() with an invalid pointer

    Troy Kisky (1):
    i2c-davinci: Fix lost interrupt

    Valentine Barshak (1):
    ibm_newemac: emac_tx_csum typo fix

    Venki Pallipadi (1):
    x86: Simplify cpu_idle_wait

    Vitja Makarov (1):
    spi: spi_bfin5xx: fix probe() sequencing

    Vladimir Koutny (2):
    mac80211: correct use_short_preamble handling
    mac80211: use short_preamble mode from capability if ERP IE not present

    Will Newton (1):
    Fix a typo in highres.txt

    YOSHIFUJI Hideaki (2):
    [IPV6] MCAST: Ensure to check multicast listener(s).
    [IP] UDP: Use SEQ_START_TOKEN.

  2. Re: Linux 2.6.25-rc9

    On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Linus Torvalds
    wrote:

    > I really don't want to do this, and I was actually hoping to release
    > 2.6.25 last weekend (which is why -rc9 is a few days late - just me hoping
    > to not do another -rc at all), but I've done an -rc9.

    I just noticed that the following message is printed when I build
    2.6.25-rc7 or 2.6.25-rc9 on my system (x86_64):
    $ make bzImage
    WARNING: modpost: Found 26 section mismatch(es).
    To see full details build your kernel with:
    'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'

    The whole list of warnings is as follows:

    $ make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y bzImage
    WARNING: arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o(.data+0x5e0): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable cpu_vsyscall_notifier_nb.11607 to the
    function .cpuinit.text:cpu_vsyscall_notifier()
    The variable cpu_vsyscall_notifier_nb.11607 references
    the function __cpuinit cpu_vsyscall_notifier()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x2840b): Section mismatch in
    reference from the function take_cpu_down() to the variable
    ..cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function take_cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because take_cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x284a7): Section mismatch in
    reference from the function _cpu_down() to the variable
    ..cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x284cb): Section mismatch in
    reference from the function _cpu_down() to the variable
    ..cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x2857a): Section mismatch in
    reference from the function _cpu_down() to the variable
    ..cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x285c6): Section mismatch in
    reference from the function _cpu_down() to the variable
    ..cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x286d7): Section mismatch in
    reference from the function unregister_cpu_notifier() to the variable
    ..cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function unregister_cpu_notifier() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because unregister_cpu_notifier lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.data+0x4e0): Section mismatch in reference
    from the variable profile_cpu_callback_nb.16348 to the function
    ..devinit.textrofile_cpu_callback()
    The variable profile_cpu_callback_nb.16348 references
    the function __devinit profile_cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.data+0x2f10): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable workqueue_cpu_callback_nb.13579 to the
    function .devinit.text:workqueue_cpu_callback()
    The variable workqueue_cpu_callback_nb.13579 references
    the function __devinit workqueue_cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: kernel/built-in.o(.data+0x5700): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable relay_hotcpu_callback_nb.18209 to the
    function .cpuinit.text:relay_hotcpu_callback()
    The variable relay_hotcpu_callback_nb.18209 references
    the function __cpuinit relay_hotcpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: mm/built-in.o(.data+0x98d0): Section mismatch in reference
    from the variable cpu_callback_nb.23084 to the function
    ..devinit.text:cpu_callback()
    The variable cpu_callback_nb.23084 references
    the function __devinit cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/base/built-in.o(.data+0xb20): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable topology_cpu_callback_nb.11157 to the
    function .cpuinit.text:topology_cpu_callback()
    The variable topology_cpu_callback_nb.11157 references
    the function __cpuinit topology_cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x460): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_ite887x_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_ite887x_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x488): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x4b0): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x500): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x528): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x550): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x578): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x5a0): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x5c8): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/serial/built-in.o(.data+0x5f0): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x9900): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_ite887x_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_ite887x_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x9928): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x9950): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x99a0): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x99c8): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x99f0): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x9a18): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x9a40): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x9a68): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0x9a90): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: drivers/built-in.o(.data+0xbd80): Section mismatch in
    reference from the variable topology_cpu_callback_nb.11157 to the
    function .cpuinit.text:topology_cpu_callback()
    The variable topology_cpu_callback_nb.11157 references
    the function __cpuinit topology_cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: lib/built-in.o(.data+0x40): Section mismatch in reference
    from the variable percpu_counter_hotcpu_callback_nb.9655 to the
    function .cpuinit.textercpu_counter_hotcpu_callback()
    The variable percpu_counter_hotcpu_callback_nb.9655 references
    the function __cpuinit percpu_counter_hotcpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x4439f): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function take_cpu_down() to the variable .cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function take_cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because take_cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x4443b): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function _cpu_down() to the variable .cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x4445f): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function _cpu_down() to the variable .cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x4450e): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function _cpu_down() to the variable .cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x4455a): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function _cpu_down() to the variable .cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function _cpu_down() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because _cpu_down lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x4466b): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function unregister_cpu_notifier() to the variable
    ..cpuinit.data:cpu_chain
    The function unregister_cpu_notifier() references
    the variable __cpuinitdata cpu_chain.
    This is often because unregister_cpu_notifier lacks a __cpuinitdata
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_chain is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x12ddef): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function xfs_icsb_init_counters() to the function
    ..cpuinit.text:register_cpu_notifier()
    The function xfs_icsb_init_counters() references
    the function __cpuinit register_cpu_notifier().
    This is often because xfs_icsb_init_counters lacks a __cpuinit
    annotation or the annotation of register_cpu_notifier is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x1edc11): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function store_online() to the function .cpuinit.text:cpu_up()
    The function store_online() references
    the function __cpuinit cpu_up().
    This is often because store_online lacks a __cpuinit
    annotation or the annotation of cpu_up is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.text+0x2461b1): Section mismatch in reference from
    the function cpufreq_register_driver() to the function
    ..cpuinit.text:register_cpu_notifier()
    The function cpufreq_register_driver() references
    the function __cpuinit register_cpu_notifier().
    This is often because cpufreq_register_driver lacks a __cpuinit
    annotation or the annotation of register_cpu_notifier is wrong.

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28e0): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable cpu_vsyscall_notifier_nb.11607 to the function
    ..cpuinit.text:cpu_vsyscall_notifier()
    The variable cpu_vsyscall_notifier_nb.11607 references
    the function __cpuinit cpu_vsyscall_notifier()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x55e0): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable profile_cpu_callback_nb.16348 to the function
    ..devinit.textrofile_cpu_callback()
    The variable profile_cpu_callback_nb.16348 references
    the function __devinit profile_cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x8010): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable workqueue_cpu_callback_nb.13579 to the function
    ..devinit.text:workqueue_cpu_callback()
    The variable workqueue_cpu_callback_nb.13579 references
    the function __devinit workqueue_cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0xa800): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable relay_hotcpu_callback_nb.18209 to the function
    ..cpuinit.text:relay_hotcpu_callback()
    The variable relay_hotcpu_callback_nb.18209 references
    the function __cpuinit relay_hotcpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x14550): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable cpu_callback_nb.23084 to the function
    ..devinit.text:cpu_callback()
    The variable cpu_callback_nb.23084 references
    the function __devinit cpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x1f4a0): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable percpu_counter_hotcpu_callback_nb.9655 to the function
    ..cpuinit.textercpu_counter_hotcpu_callback()
    The variable percpu_counter_hotcpu_callback_nb.9655 references
    the function __cpuinit percpu_counter_hotcpu_callback()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28e00): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_ite887x_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_ite887x_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28e28): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28e50): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28ea0): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28ec8): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28ef0): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.textci_plx9050_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit pci_plx9050_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28f18): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28f40): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28f68): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x28f90): Section mismatch in reference from
    the variable pci_serial_quirks to the function
    ..devexit.text:sbs_exit()
    The variable pci_serial_quirks references
    the function __devexit sbs_exit()
    If the reference is valid then annotate the
    variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
    *driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

    WARNING: vmlinux.o(.data+0x2b280): Section mismatch in reference from