hi,

I am looking for a way to program the APIC timer in a kernel module so
that the module depends only on the hardware timer instead of the timer
provided by the kernel. Programming the LVT is easy, however I can't
find a way to have the Linux kernel to call my interrupt service routine
in addition to smp_apic_timer_interrupt().

Is doing this even possible? There doesn't seem to be any sort of hook
or notifier chain I can install a ISR to. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

YM