blktrace debugging: how to use it - Kernel

This is a discussion on blktrace debugging: how to use it - Kernel ; The is patch is to enable blktrace debugging in the kernel: http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/1/405 Can anyone provide any guidelines or references on how to use this feature from userspace? Any tools written to TEST and use this feature? Thanks. -- To unsubscribe ...

  1. blktrace debugging: how to use it

    The is patch is to enable blktrace debugging in the kernel:

    http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/1/405

    Can anyone provide any guidelines or references on how to use this
    feature from userspace? Any tools written to TEST and use this feature?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: blktrace debugging: how to use it

    Hi..

    On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Peter Teoh wrote:
    > The is patch is to enable blktrace debugging in the kernel:
    >
    > http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/1/405
    >
    > Can anyone provide any guidelines or references on how to use this
    > feature from userspace? Any tools written to TEST and use this feature?

    All I remember, the user space code is available from Jens Axboe's CVS
    or http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...ols/blktrace.c

    regards,

    Mulyadi

  3. Re: blktrace debugging: how to use it

    On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
    wrote:
    > Hi..
    > All I remember, the user space code is available from Jens Axboe's CVS
    > or http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...ols/blktrace.c

    Thanks Mulyadi Santosa, the link I found was:

    http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...old/blktrace.c

    (Jens may have change it immediately u sent out the email :-)).

    --
    Regards,
    Peter Teoh

  4. Re: blktrace debugging: how to use it

    Hi

    On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Peter Teoh wrote:
    > On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
    > wrote:
    > > Hi..

    > > All I remember, the user space code is available from Jens Axboe's CVS
    > > or http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...ols/blktrace.c
    > >

    > Thanks Mulyadi Santosa, the link I found was:
    >
    > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kern...old/blktrace.c
    >
    > (Jens may have change it immediately u sent out the email :-)).

    Somehow in the universe, we are linked to each other

    regards,

    Mulyadi.

  5. Re: blktrace debugging: how to use it

    On Mon, Mar 31 2008, Peter Teoh wrote:
    > The is patch is to enable blktrace debugging in the kernel:
    >
    > http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/8/1/405
    >
    > Can anyone provide any guidelines or references on how to use this
    > feature from userspace? Any tools written to TEST and use this feature?

    Just git clone the repo:

    git://git.kernel.dk/blktrace.git

    (which is mentioned in the Kconfig help entry for that kernel config
    option)

    or grab the latest snapshot here:

    http://brick.kernel.dk/snaps/blktrace-git-latest.tar.gz

    it comes with documentation and man pages (mostly thanks to others than
    myself :-) and also a nifty btt tool that can do lots of things that
    blkparse cannot.

    --
    Jens Axboe