Linux 2.6.24.4 - Kernel

This is a discussion on Linux 2.6.24.4 - Kernel ; We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.24.4 kernel. It fixes a large number of different bugs and all users of the 2.6.24 series are encouraged to upgrade. I'll also be replying to this message with a ...

  1. Linux 2.6.24.4

    We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.24.4
    kernel.

    It fixes a large number of different bugs and all users of the 2.6.24 series
    are encouraged to upgrade.

    I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch between
    2.6.24.3 and 2.6.24.4

    The updated 2.6.24.y git tree can be found at:
    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.24.y.git
    and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser:
    http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kerne....git;a=summary

    thanks,
    -chris

    --------

    Makefile | 2
    arch/arm/mach-pxa/clock.c | 23 ++-
    arch/mips/kernel/i8259.c | 4
    arch/mips/kernel/irq.c | 5
    arch/s390/lib/uaccess_pt.c | 2
    arch/sparc/kernel/Makefile | 5
    arch/sparc/kernel/una_asm.S | 153 +++++++++++++++++++++
    arch/sparc/kernel/unaligned.c | 252 ++++++-----------------------------
    arch/sparc64/mm/fault.c | 14 -
    arch/x86/ia32/ia32_signal.c | 4
    arch/x86/kernel/apic_32.c | 2
    arch/x86/kernel/apic_64.c | 2
    arch/x86/kernel/io_apic_32.c | 4
    arch/x86/kernel/io_apic_64.c | 6
    arch/x86/kernel/process_64.c | 3
    arch/x86/kernel/signal_32.c | 4
    arch/x86/kernel/signal_64.c | 2
    arch/x86/kernel/smpboot_32.c | 2
    arch/x86/kernel/smpboot_64.c | 2
    arch/x86/pci/mmconfig-shared.c | 35 ----
    arch/x86/pci/mmconfig_32.c | 22 +--
    arch/x86/pci/mmconfig_64.c | 22 +--
    arch/x86/pci/pci.h | 7
    crypto/async_tx/async_xor.c | 2
    crypto/xcbc.c | 6
    crypto/xts.c | 13 -
    drivers/acorn/char/defkeymap-l7200.c | 68 ++++-----
    drivers/ata/pata_hpt366.c | 6
    drivers/ata/pata_hpt37x.c | 6
    drivers/ata/pata_serverworks.c | 2
    drivers/base/platform.c | 2
    drivers/block/ub.c | 2
    drivers/char/defkeymap.c_shipped | 68 ++++-----
    drivers/char/vt.c | 1
    drivers/dma/ioat_dma.c | 2
    drivers/message/fusion/mptsas.c | 5
    drivers/net/e1000e/netdev.c | 6
    drivers/net/macb.c | 2
    drivers/net/niu.c | 20 +-
    drivers/net/niu.h | 2
    drivers/net/wireless/b43/dma.c | 32 +++-
    drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c | 3
    drivers/s390/char/defkeymap.c | 4
    drivers/scsi/advansys.c | 15 +-
    drivers/scsi/aic94xx/aic94xx_scb.c | 14 +
    drivers/scsi/arcmsr/arcmsr_hba.c | 20 +-
    drivers/scsi/gdth.c | 112 +++++----------
    drivers/scsi/gdth.h | 1
    drivers/scsi/gdth_proc.c | 6
    drivers/scsi/ips.c | 20 +-
    drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c | 1
    drivers/spi/atmel_spi.c | 10 +
    drivers/spi/pxa2xx_spi.c | 41 +++--
    drivers/usb/host/ehci-q.c | 2
    drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c | 25 +++
    drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.h | 7
    drivers/usb/storage/protocol.c | 5
    fs/aio.c | 8 +
    fs/ecryptfs/mmap.c | 102 ++++++++++----
    fs/fuse/dir.c | 2
    fs/isofs/compress.c | 11 +
    fs/jbd/recovery.c | 2
    fs/jbd2/recovery.c | 2
    fs/nfsd/nfsfh.c | 4
    fs/ufs/util.h | 2
    include/asm-arm/arch-pxa/pxa-regs.h | 1
    include/asm-x86/apic_32.h | 2
    include/asm-x86/futex_32.h | 6
    include/asm-x86/futex_64.h | 6
    include/asm-x86/io_apic_64.h | 2
    include/asm-x86/processor_32.h | 5
    include/linux/Kbuild | 1
    include/linux/futex.h | 1
    include/linux/irq.h | 3
    include/linux/moduleparam.h | 12 +
    include/net/inet_sock.h | 3
    kernel/futex.c | 50 +++++-
    kernel/futex_compat.c | 9 +
    kernel/irq/chip.c | 36 +++++
    kernel/relay.c | 5
    kernel/sched.c | 36 ++---
    kernel/sysctl.c | 2
    mm/filemap.c | 22 +--
    mm/hugetlb.c | 2
    mm/slab.c | 5
    net/bluetooth/hci_sysfs.c | 8 -
    net/bridge/netfilter/ebt_dnat.c | 4
    net/bridge/netfilter/ebt_redirect.c | 4
    net/bridge/netfilter/ebt_snat.c | 4
    net/core/dev.c | 6
    net/ipv4/ip_sockglue.c | 5
    net/ipv4/ipcomp.c | 5
    net/ipv4/ipconfig.c | 4
    net/ipv4/netfilter/arpt_mangle.c | 2
    net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_queue.c | 12 -
    net/ipv6/ip6_output.c | 6
    net/ipv6/ip6_tunnel.c | 1
    net/ipv6/ipcomp6.c | 2
    net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_queue.c | 10 -
    net/ipv6/xfrm6_output.c | 2
    net/netfilter/nfnetlink_log.c | 2
    net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue.c | 12 -
    net/netfilter/xt_time.c | 7
    security/commoncap.c | 2

    Summary of changes from v2.6.24.3 to v2.6.24.4

    Alan Cox (1):
    pata_hpt*, pata_serverworks: fix UDMA masking

    Alan Stern (1):
    usb-storage: don't access beyond the end of the sg buffer

    Andy Whitcroft (1):
    hugetlb: ensure we do not reference a surplus page after handing it to buddy

    Atsushi Nemoto (2):
    atmel_spi: fix clock polarity
    macb: Fix speed setting

    Auke Kok (1):
    e1000e: Fix CRC stripping in hardware context bug

    Aurelien Jarno (1):
    x86: Clear DF before calling signal handler

    Boaz Harrosh (2):
    SCSI: gdth: bugfix for the at-exit problems
    SCSI: gdth: fix to internal commands execution

    Chris Wright (1):
    Linux 2.6.24.4

    Dan Williams (2):
    ioat: fix 'ack' handling, driver must ensure that 'ack' is zero
    async_tx: avoid the async xor_zero_sum path when src_cnt > device->max_xor

    Dave Young (2):
    zisofs: fix readpage() outside i_size
    BLUETOOTH: Fix bugs in previous conn add/del workqueue changes.

    David S. Miller (5):
    SPARC64: Loosen checks in exception table handling.
    SPARC: Fix link errors with gcc-4.3
    TCP: Improve ipv4 established hash function.
    NIU: Bump driver version and release date.
    IPV4: Remove IP_TOS setting privilege checks.

    Denis V. Lunev (1):
    IPV6: dst_entry leak in ip4ip6_err.

    Duane Griffin (2):
    jbd2: correctly unescape journal data blocks
    jbd: correctly unescape journal data blocks

    Eric Leblond (2):
    NETFILTER: nfnetlink_queue: fix computation of allocated size for netlink skb
    NETFILTER: nfnetlink_log: fix computation of netlink skb size

    FUJITA Tomonori (2):
    SCSI ips: fix data buffer accessors conversion bug
    SCSI advansys: fix overrun_buf aligned bug

    Greg Kroah-Hartman (1):
    Revert "NET: Add if_addrlabel.h to sanitized headers."

    H. Peter Anvin (1):
    x86: don't use P6_NOPs if compiling with CONFIG_X86_GENERIC

    Heiko Carstens (1):
    S390 futex: let futex_atomic_cmpxchg_pt survive early functional tests.

    Herbert Xu (2):
    IPV6: Fix IPsec datagram fragmentation
    IPCOMP: Disable BH on output when using shared tfm

    Hiroshi Shimamoto (2):
    x86: move out tick_nohz_stop_sched_tick() call from the loop
    sched: fix race in schedule()

    Ivan Kokshaysky (2):
    moduleparam: fix alpha, ia64 and ppc64 compile failures
    PCI x86: always use conf1 to access config space below 256 bytes

    J. Bruce Fields (1):
    nfsd: fix oops on access from high-numbered ports

    James Bottomley (3):
    drivers: fix dma_get_required_mask
    SCSI gdth: don't call pci_free_consistent under spinlock
    SCSI aic94xx: fix REQ_TASK_ABORT and REQ_DEVICE_RESET

    Jan Beulich (1):
    x86: adjust enable_NMI_through_LVT0()

    Jan Engelhardt (1):
    NETFILTER: xt_time: fix failure to match on Sundays

    Jeff Garzik (1):
    SCSI ips: handle scsi_add_host() failure, and other err cleanups

    Jens Axboe (1):
    relay: fix subbuf_splice_actor() adding too many pages

    Joe Korty (1):
    slab: NUMA slab allocator migration bugfix

    Jorge Boncompte [DTI2] (1):
    NET: Messed multicast lists after dev_mc_sync/unsync

    Joy Latten (1):
    CRYPTO xcbc: Fix crash with IPsec

    Kevin Vance (1):
    USB: ftdi_sio: Workaround for broken Matrix Orbital serial port

    Krzysztof Oledzki (1):
    SCSI: mpt fusion: don't oops if NumPhys==0

    Matheos Worku (2):
    NIU: More BMAC alt MAC address fixes.
    NIU: Fix BMAC alternate MAC address indexing.

    Matthew Wilcox (1):
    SCSI advansys: Fix bug in AdvLoadMicrocode

    Matti Linnanvuori (1):
    NET: Fix race in dev_close(). (Bug 9750)

    Michael Buesch (1):
    b43: Backport bcm4311 fix

    Michael Halcrow (1):
    eCryptfs: make ecryptfs_prepare_write decrypt the page

    Michal Schmidt (1):
    sched_nr_migrate wrong mode bits

    Mike Pagano (1):
    arcmsr: fix IRQs disabled warning spew

    Miklos Szeredi (1):
    fuse: fix permission checking

    Misha Zhilin (1):
    USB: ehci: handle large bulk URBs correctly (again)

    Ned Forrester (1):
    spi: pxa2xx_spi clock polarity fix

    Nick Piggin (1):
    iov_iter_advance() fix

    Patrick McHardy (3):
    NETFILTER: nfnetlink_queue: fix SKB_LINEAR_ASSERT when mangling packet data
    NETFILTER: Fix incorrect use of skb_make_writable
    NETFILTER: fix ebtable targets return

    Pete Zaitcev (1):
    ub: fix up the conversion to sg_init_table()

    Quentin Barnes (1):
    aio: bad AIO race in aio_complete() leads to process hang

    Ralf Baechle (2):
    IRQ_NOPROBE helper functions
    MIPS: Mark all but i8259 interrupts as no-probe.

    Roel Kluin (1):
    ufs: fix parenthesisation in ufs_set_fs_state()

    Russell King (1):
    ARM pxa: fix clock lookup to find specific device clocks

    Samuel Thibault (2):
    VT notifier fix for VT switch
    Fix default compose table initialization

    Sebastian Siewior (1):
    CRYPTO xts: Use proper alignment

    Serge E. Hallyn (1):
    file capabilities: simplify signal check

    Stephen Hemminger (1):
    IPCONFIG: The kernel gets no IP from some DHCP servers

    Sven Andersen (1):
    USB: ftdi_sio - really enable EM1010PC

    Thomas Gleixner (3):
    x86: replace LOCK_PREFIX in futex.h
    futex: fix init order
    futex: runtime enable pi and robust functionality

    Tony Battersby (1):
    SCSI: fix BUG when sum(scatterlist) > bufflen

  2. Re: Linux 2.6.24.4

    Em Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:15:46 -0700
    Chris Wright escreveu:

    | We (the -stable team) are announcing the release of the 2.6.24.4
    | kernel.

    [...]

    | Serge E. Hallyn (1):
    | file capabilities: simplify signal check

    Sorry for being late on this, but if I'm not missing something
    I think you forgot to apply the 2.6.24.4 version of commit
    aedb60a67c10a0861af179725d060765262ba0fb (Linus' tree) that
    Serge has submitted to @stable some days ago.

    It fixes the at breakage bug which is still present in
    2.6.24.4.

    --
    Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino