TCP stack optimization for high number of connections [OT] - Kernel

This is a discussion on TCP stack optimization for high number of connections [OT] - Kernel ; I'm running a front end spam filtering service and I get a lot of incoming connections but not a lot of volume of traffic. I'm experiencing some high loads and I think it might be related to the volume of ...

  1. TCP stack optimization for high number of connections [OT]

    I'm running a front end spam filtering service and I
    get a lot of incoming connections but not a lot of
    volume of traffic. I'm experiencing some high loads
    and I think it might be related to the volume of
    connections it's processing. I often will be connected
    to 2500 email servers at once and a lot more that are
    trying to connect and being denied.

    My question - are there any optimizations I can do to
    make the TCP faster for high number of short lived
    connections?

    Also - how much do iptable entries slow things down
    and is there any optimizations for that?

    Marc Perkel
    Junk Email Filter dot com
    http://www.junkemailfilter.com

  2. Re: TCP stack optimization for high number of connections [OT]

    (CC:netdev added.)