/proc/loadavg: total number of processes is wrong? - Kernel

This is a discussion on /proc/loadavg: total number of processes is wrong? - Kernel ; # cat /proc/loadavg ; ps ax | wc -l 0.00 0.00 0.00 1/192 3683 121 /proc/loadavg says 192 processes, but ps only sees 121. -- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a ...

  1. /proc/loadavg: total number of processes is wrong?

    # cat /proc/loadavg ; ps ax | wc -l
    0.00 0.00 0.00 1/192 3683
    121

    /proc/loadavg says 192 processes, but ps only sees 121.

  2. Re: /proc/loadavg: total number of processes is wrong?

    On 3/12/08, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
    > /proc/loadavg says 192 processes, but ps only sees 121.

    'ps ax' does not include threads?

    --
    Guillaume

  3. Re: /proc/loadavg: total number of processes is wrong?

    On 03/12/2008 11:28 PM, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
    > # cat /proc/loadavg ; ps ax | wc -l
    > 0.00 0.00 0.00 1/192 3683
    > 121
    >
    > /proc/loadavg says 192 processes, but ps only sees 121.

    I guess you need to ps max, but it won't match exactly anyway.

    regards,
    --
    Jiri Slaby
    Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University

  4. Re: /proc/loadavg: total number of processes is wrong?

    On 3/12/08, Jiri Slaby wrote:
    > I guess you need to ps max, but it won't match exactly anyway.

    With ps axh you can get it:

    [g ~]$ cat /proc/loadavg|cat
    0.45 0.35 0.24 3/192 12463
    [g ~]$ ps Haxh|wc -l