how to find out which modules are embedded and running in a static kernel - Kernel

This is a discussion on how to find out which modules are embedded and running in a static kernel - Kernel ; Hi Guys, Sorry for this newbie question, but i would like to know how to find out which modules are embedded and running in a static kernel because we have a kernel which we don't know what components(drivers, ...) are ...

  1. how to find out which modules are embedded and running in a static kernel

    Hi Guys,

    Sorry for this newbie question,
    but i would like to know how to find
    out which modules are embedded
    and running in a static kernel
    because we have a kernel which
    we don't know what components(drivers, ...)
    are embedded and also, we don't know
    which of those components are running

    please, note it is not a 'moduled' kernel
    is a static kernel and this means that
    neither lsmod nor /proc/modules
    provide the info that we are looking for

    Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

    Geraldo
    --
    site: http://extremedev.sf.net
    msn: geraldo_boca_at_hotmail.com

  2. Re: how to find out which modules are embedded and running in a static kernel

    On Jan 30 2008 23:36, Geraldo Netto wrote:

    >Sorry for this newbie question,
    >but i would like to know how to find
    >out which modules are embedded
    >and running in a static kernel
    >because we have a kernel which
    >we don't know what components(drivers, ...)
    >are embedded and also, we don't know
    >which of those components are running
    >
    >please, note it is not a 'moduled' kernel
    >is a static kernel and this means that
    >neither lsmod nor /proc/modules
    >provide the info that we are looking for

    ls -l /sys/module

    This lists every feature that is either loaded as a module or has at
    least one module parameter defined.