[2.6.24] bcm203x bluetooth dongle does not work - Kernel

This is a discussion on [2.6.24] bcm203x bluetooth dongle does not work - Kernel ; Hi, after trying around with my ancient bcm2033 bluetooth dongle i found it not working in 2.6.24 - I debugged udev and found it loading the firmware correctly but the device seems to have problems disconnecting. I found an Ubuntu ...

  1. [2.6.24] bcm203x bluetooth dongle does not work

    Hi,

    after trying around with my ancient bcm2033 bluetooth dongle i found it
    not working in 2.6.24 - I debugged udev and found it loading the
    firmware correctly but the device seems to have problems disconnecting.

    I found an Ubuntu bug which mentions a patch which supposed to be
    2.6.20 material. It still applies and fixes my problem:

    Ubuntu Bug:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....20/+bug/85247

    Patch:
    http://launchpadlibrarian.net/705876...-backport.diff

    So it seems this patch never went in but most likely should.

    Flo
    --
    Florian Lohoff flo@rfc822.org +49-171-2280134
    Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little

  2. Re: [2.6.24] bcm203x bluetooth dongle does not work

    Hi Florian,

    > after trying around with my ancient bcm2033 bluetooth dongle i found it
    > not working in 2.6.24 - I debugged udev and found it loading the
    > firmware correctly but the device seems to have problems disconnecting.
    >
    > I found an Ubuntu bug which mentions a patch which supposed to be
    > 2.6.20 material. It still applies and fixes my problem:
    >
    > Ubuntu Bug:
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s....20/+bug/85247
    >
    > Patch:
    > http://launchpadlibrarian.net/705876...-backport.diff
    >
    > So it seems this patch never went in but most likely should.

    we moved away from using a timer and using a workqueue now. It wrote the
    patch to use a workqueue and tested that it works. Starting with 2.6.19
    we the usage of a workqueue is default. Can you verify that non of the
    kernels 2.6.19-2.6.23 are working. We might have missed a change inside
    the USB subsystem within the 2.6.24 timeframe.

    Regards

    Marcel

  3. Re: [2.6.24] bcm203x bluetooth dongle does not work

    On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:33:52PM +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
    > we moved away from using a timer and using a workqueue now. It wrote the
    > patch to use a workqueue and tested that it works. Starting with 2.6.19
    > we the usage of a workqueue is default. Can you verify that non of the
    > kernels 2.6.19-2.6.23 are working. We might have missed a change inside
    > the USB subsystem within the 2.6.24 timeframe.

    My tests were on 2.6.24 which does not work as described. Newer
    kernels dont boot due to crash in ide-cd so i cant test ...

    Flo
    --
    Florian Lohoff flo@rfc822.org +49-171-2280134
    Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little
    security shall soon have neither - Benjamin Franklin

  4. Re: [2.6.24] bcm203x bluetooth dongle does not work

    Hi,

    On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 06:33:52PM +0100, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
    > we moved away from using a timer and using a workqueue now. It wrote the
    > patch to use a workqueue and tested that it works. Starting with 2.6.19
    > we the usage of a workqueue is default. Can you verify that non of the
    > kernels 2.6.19-2.6.23 are working. We might have missed a change inside
    > the USB subsystem within the 2.6.24 timeframe.

    I went through the kernels i still have on this box (FSC LifeBook E8110)
    and here are the results. Except the debian 2.6.18-5-686 no newer kernel
    works. The onboard bluetooth works like a charm always whereas the
    bcm203x simply does not reconnect after loading firmware from 2.6.19 on.

    2.6.18-5-686 (debian) works
    2.6.19 breaks
    2.6.21-rc5 breaks
    2.6.22-rc5 breaks
    2.6.22-2-686 (debian) breaks
    2.6.23-1-686 (debian) breaks
    2.6.24 breaks

    It basically looks always like this:

    usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
    Bluetooth: Broadcom Blutonium firmware driver ver 1.1
    usbcore: registered new interface driver bcm203x

    bcm203x_complete: URB failed with status -84
    usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2

    Flo
    --
    Florian Lohoff flo@rfc822.org +49-171-2280134
    Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little
    security shall soon have neither - Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread