Temporarily disabling CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND - Kernel

This is a discussion on Temporarily disabling CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND - Kernel ; Hi, Is there a global means to disable the CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND feature, perhaps through /proc or /sysfs? I know this can be done, in a semi-reliable manner, on a per-device basis by writing 0 or 2 to the /sys/.../device/power/state file, but ...

  1. Temporarily disabling CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND

    Hi,

    Is there a global means to disable the CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND feature, perhaps
    through /proc or /sysfs?

    I know this can be done, in a semi-reliable manner, on a per-device
    basis by writing 0 or 2 to the /sys/.../device/power/state file, but
    I'm looking for something that will have the same effect as disabling
    CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND, but without recompiling the kernel.

    Thanks,
    - Chris

    -

  2. Re: Temporarily disabling CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND

    On 09/28/2007 03:42 PM, Chris Frey wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a global means to disable the CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND feature, perhaps
    > through /proc or /sysfs?
    >
    > I know this can be done, in a semi-reliable manner, on a per-device
    > basis by writing 0 or 2 to the /sys/.../device/power/state file, but
    > I'm looking for something that will have the same effect as disabling
    > CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND, but without recompiling the kernel.

    Kernel boot option usbcore.autosuspend=-1 if usbcore is built-in.

    # modprobe usbcore autosuspend=-1

    (0 now means suspend immediately)
    -