No linux/module.h - Kernel

This is a discussion on No linux/module.h - Kernel ; I am writing simple kernel module. I have included linux/module.h compiler gives me error that no such file, I also searched it on my machine. It really doesn't exist. I am using fedora 6. How do I install required libraries. ...

  1. No linux/module.h

    I am writing simple kernel module.
    I have included linux/module.h
    compiler gives me error that no such file, I also
    searched it on my machine.
    It really doesn't exist. I am using fedora 6.
    How do I install required libraries.

    Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/

    -

  2. Re: No linux/module.h

    On 2007-09-26 11:29:33 (+0100), mahamuni ashish wrote:
    > I am writing simple kernel module.
    > I have included linux/module.h
    > compiler gives me error that no such file, I also
    > searched it on my machine.
    > It really doesn't exist. I am using fedora 6.
    > How do I install required libraries.

    I suspect you either have an incorrect makefile or you don't have the
    kernel source code on your system. The header file can be found in the
    kerel source: include/linux/module.h

    Regards,
    Kristof

  3. Re: No linux/module.h

    On 09/26/2007 10:25 PM, Kristof Provost wrote:
    > On 2007-09-26 11:29:33 (+0100), mahamuni ashish wrote:
    >> I am writing simple kernel module.
    >> I have included linux/module.h
    >> compiler gives me error that no such file, I also
    >> searched it on my machine.
    >> It really doesn't exist. I am using fedora 6.
    >> How do I install required libraries.

    > I suspect you either have an incorrect makefile or you don't have the
    > kernel source code on your system. The header file can be found in the
    > kerel source: include/linux/module.h

    He needs kernel-devel, I guess.

    --
    Jiri Slaby (jirislaby@gmail.com)
    Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University