RE: Problems with 2.6.23-rc6 on AMD Geode LX800 - Kernel

This is a discussion on RE: Problems with 2.6.23-rc6 on AMD Geode LX800 - Kernel ; Chuck, Jordan, thanks for taking an interest in this problem. As suggested by Jordan I tried a new BIOS revision from http://www.digitallogic.ch/index.php...&mountpoint=23 Unfortunately the kernel still fails to boot in the same way. Do you still need the disassembled reserve_bootmem_core? ...

  1. RE: Problems with 2.6.23-rc6 on AMD Geode LX800

    --
    Thanks and kind regards
    Joerg

    ________
    Yahoo! Clever: Stellen Sie Fragen und finden Sie Antworten. Teilen Sie Ihr Wissen. www.yahoo.de/clever

    -

  2. Re: Problems with 2.6.23-rc6 on AMD Geode LX800

    On 25/09/07 01:38 -0700, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
    > Chuck, Jordan,
    > thanks for taking an interest in this problem. As suggested by Jordan I tried a new
    > BIOS revision from
    > http://www.digitallogic.ch/index.php...&mountpoint=23
    >
    > Unfortunately the kernel still fails to boot in the same way.

    You'll have to contact Digital Logic and have them check with the BIOS vendor
    to see if the fix was made in that version or not. I don't have that
    particular board, so I can't try out the fixes here.

    I'm still trying to track down the particulars of the fix from the BIOS
    vendor. I'll let you know.

    > Do you still need the disassembled reserve_bootmem_core?

    Sure - you might as well - just to make sure its the same problem.

    Jordan

    --
    Jordan Crouse
    Systems Software Development Engineer