Re: 2.6.23-rc7 + radeonfb/s2ram - Kernel

This is a discussion on Re: 2.6.23-rc7 + radeonfb/s2ram - Kernel ; On Monday 24 September 2007, Andreas Herrmann wrote: > Have you tried to boot your kernel with > > video=radeonfb:noaccel > > I usual add this kernel parameter when running radeonfb and X. > > Otherwise I've observed the same ...

  1. Re: 2.6.23-rc7 + radeonfb/s2ram

    On Monday 24 September 2007, Andreas Herrmann wrote:
    > Have you tried to boot your kernel with
    >
    > video=radeonfb:noaccel
    >
    > I usual add this kernel parameter when running radeonfb and X.
    >
    > Otherwise I've observed the same symptoms (e.g. with my radeon card
    > at home: Radeon X300SE, 1002:5b70).

    It works. Golden option. Should be documented somewhere.

    Thanks,

    --
    Mihai Donțu
    -

  2. Re: 2.6.23-rc7 + radeonfb/s2ram

    On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:09:29 +0300 Mihai Donțu wrote:

    > On Monday 24 September 2007, Andreas Herrmann wrote:
    > > Have you tried to boot your kernel with
    > >
    > > video=radeonfb:noaccel
    > >
    > > I usual add this kernel parameter when running radeonfb and X.
    > >
    > > Otherwise I've observed the same symptoms (e.g. with my radeon card
    > > at home: Radeon X300SE, 1002:5b70).

    > It works. Golden option. Should be documented somewhere.

    Looks like radeonfb needs a radeonfb.txt file in
    Documentation/fb/. There is a txt file for aty128fb which does
    include this option and others...

    ---
    ~Randy
    Phaedrus says that Quality is about caring.
    -