On Jul 5, 2007, at 3:57 PM, Tom Yu wrote:

> What were the exact arguments you gave to the configure script, and
> what were the settings (if any; ideally they are unset!) of the
> environment variables CC and LD during both configure time and make
> time?

Well, the last run I did was

env CC=gcc ./configure --prefix=/afs/slac.stanford.edu/package/
krb5/1.5.3/sun4x_59

> Did you start with a completely clean source tree?

I definitely did the first time I tried, but I did a dist clean
in between configures.

> The configure script should detect GCC and change the shared library
> build command accordingly, and in my experience it works. The
> "-shared -h libkrb5support.so.0" looks like the configure script
> thought it was compiling with Sun's C compiler.

I've often found that things that "should" work don't at SLAC for
many various reasons. I hacked config.status to use the right option
and it's
compiling away. I will pack an clean copy of 1.6.1 and see if I can
figure out what oddness is causing this now that I understand what
the problem is.

_ Booker C. Bense