Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP) - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP) - Kerberos ; Hi MIT Team, I am with the SAP Basis Team at SABIC(Saudi Arabia - A Leading Petrochemical Company), and we are looking to implement SAP's SNC solution between SAP servers, and even within a Single Sign On solution for our ...

  1. Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP)

    Hi MIT Team,

    I am with the SAP Basis Team at SABIC(Saudi Arabia - A Leading
    Petrochemical Company), and we are looking to implement SAP's SNC
    solution between SAP servers, and even within a Single Sign On solution
    for our end users (integrating with SAP GUI). I have seen some
    literature which indicates that this is available for SAP systems which
    run on Win2K.

    However, one mentioned the following, which indicated that we may be
    able to obtain a GSS-API library for UNIX (HP-UX) hosts:

    To use SSO with application servers on Unix and Windows 2000 front ends
    with gsskrb5.dll, you might have to purchase a Kerberos implementation
    for the Unix machine(s).

    Do you know if and/or where this is available for AIX/HP-UX?

    Additionally, any standard documentation you have related to the
    kerberos GSS-API library and it's compatibility with SAP would be
    appreciated. Please advise.

    We are on SAP 4.6C / AIX 5.2.

    We would be upgrading to SAP- ECC 6.0 either on HP or AIX platform.

    Hence we are looking for SAP-SSO solution via SAPGUI.

    Please advise.

    Thanks,

    Gokul.

    SAP Basis Team

    00966-508474199

    This e-mail (including any file attachment) contains confidential
    information and/or may also be legally privileged. It is intended
    solely for the use of the named addressees and any unauthorized
    dissemination or use by any other person or entity is strictly
    prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you should not
    transmit, copy, print, disclose or otherwise make use of and/or
    place any reliance on this e-mail and its contents. If you have
    received this e-mail in error, you should immediately notify the
    sender by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system. The
    views, opinion or advice as may be contained herein are those of
    the sending individual and do not necessary represent that of SABIC
    or bind SABIC. E-mails can be corrupted, altered or falsified and
    SABIC shall not be liable for any alteration or falsification on
    this e-mail.

  2. Re: Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP)

    Hi Gokul,

    SAP does not officialy offer gss-api libraries to systems other then
    Windows. There was a product call BC SNC adapter, but it's
    discontinued and not supported by SAP.
    There is a somewhat dated guide in the group about how to configure it
    on Linux env. using the MIT kerberos module source.
    For a solid and supported solution, you should check the SAP certified
    verndor list for licensed SNC providers:
    http://www.sap.com/partners/director...chSolution.epx
    "Secure Network Communications"

    Eric Labiner
    SAP NetWeaver solution architect

    On 6/15/07, Gokul, Polasani wrote:
    > Hi MIT Team,
    >

    > I am with the SAP Basis Team at SABIC(Saudi Arabia - A Leading
    > Petrochemical Company), and we are looking to implement SAP's SNC
    > solution between SAP servers, and even within a Single Sign On solution
    > for our end users (integrating with SAP GUI). I have seen some
    > literature which indicates that this is available for SAP systems which
    > run on Win2K.
    >
    > However, one mentioned the following, which indicated that we may be
    > able to obtain a GSS-API library for UNIX (HP-UX) hosts:
    >

    > To use SSO with application servers on Unix and Windows 2000 front ends
    > with gsskrb5.dll, you might have to purchase a Kerberos implementation
    > for the Unix machine(s).
    >

    > Do you know if and/or where this is available for AIX/HP-UX?
    >
    > Additionally, any standard documentation you have related to the
    > kerberos GSS-API library and it's compatibility with SAP would be
    > appreciated. Please advise.
    >

    > We are on SAP 4.6C / AIX 5.2.
    >
    > We would be upgrading to SAP- ECC 6.0 either on HP or AIX platform.
    >
    > Hence we are looking for SAP-SSO solution via SAPGUI.
    >

    > Please advise.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gokul.
    >
    > SAP Basis Team
    >
    > 00966-508474199

    > This e-mail (including any file attachment) contains confidential
    > information and/or may also be legally privileged. It is intended
    > solely for the use of the named addressees and any unauthorized
    > dissemination or use by any other person or entity is strictly
    > prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you should not
    > transmit, copy, print, disclose or otherwise make use of and/or
    > place any reliance on this e-mail and its contents. If you have
    > received this e-mail in error, you should immediately notify the
    > sender by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system. The
    > views, opinion or advice as may be contained herein are those of
    > the sending individual and do not necessary represent that of SABIC
    > or bind SABIC. E-mails can be corrupted, altered or falsified and
    > SABIC shall not be liable for any alteration or falsification on
    > this e-mail.

    Eric
    "We'll see who rusts first!"

  3. Re: Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP)

    Hi Gokul,

    SAP does not officialy offer gss-api libraries to systems other then
    Windows. There was a product call BC SNC adapter, but it's
    discontinued and not supported by SAP.
    There is a somewhat dated guide in the group about how to configure it
    on Linux env. using the MIT kerberos module source.
    For a solid and supported solution, you should check the SAP certified
    verndor list for licensed SNC providers:
    http://www.sap.com/partners/director...chSolution.epx
    "Secure Network Communications"

    Eric Labiner
    SAP NetWeaver solution architect

    On 6/15/07, Gokul, Polasani wrote:
    > Hi MIT Team,
    >

    > I am with the SAP Basis Team at SABIC(Saudi Arabia - A Leading
    > Petrochemical Company), and we are looking to implement SAP's SNC
    > solution between SAP servers, and even within a Single Sign On solution
    > for our end users (integrating with SAP GUI). I have seen some
    > literature which indicates that this is available for SAP systems which
    > run on Win2K.
    >
    > However, one mentioned the following, which indicated that we may be
    > able to obtain a GSS-API library for UNIX (HP-UX) hosts:
    >

    > To use SSO with application servers on Unix and Windows 2000 front ends
    > with gsskrb5.dll, you might have to purchase a Kerberos implementation
    > for the Unix machine(s).
    >

    > Do you know if and/or where this is available for AIX/HP-UX?
    >
    > Additionally, any standard documentation you have related to the
    > kerberos GSS-API library and it's compatibility with SAP would be
    > appreciated. Please advise.
    >

    > We are on SAP 4.6C / AIX 5.2.
    >
    > We would be upgrading to SAP- ECC 6.0 either on HP or AIX platform.
    >
    > Hence we are looking for SAP-SSO solution via SAPGUI.
    >

    > Please advise.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gokul.
    >
    > SAP Basis Team
    >
    > 00966-508474199

    > This e-mail (including any file attachment) contains confidential
    > information and/or may also be legally privileged. It is intended
    > solely for the use of the named addressees and any unauthorized
    > dissemination or use by any other person or entity is strictly
    > prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you should not
    > transmit, copy, print, disclose or otherwise make use of and/or
    > place any reliance on this e-mail and its contents. If you have
    > received this e-mail in error, you should immediately notify the
    > sender by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system. The
    > views, opinion or advice as may be contained herein are those of
    > the sending individual and do not necessary represent that of SABIC
    > or bind SABIC. E-mails can be corrupted, altered or falsified and
    > SABIC shall not be liable for any alteration or falsification on
    > this e-mail.

    Eric
    "We'll see who rusts first!"

  4. RE: Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP)

    Thank you Eric for the valuable information.

    Regards,
    Gokul
    SAP Basis Team

    SAP does not officialy offer gss-api libraries to systems other then
    Windows. There was a product call BC SNC adapter, but it's
    discontinued and not supported by SAP.
    There is a somewhat dated guide in the group about how to configure it
    on Linux env. using the MIT kerberos module source.
    For a solid and supported solution, you should check the SAP certified
    verndor list for licensed SNC providers:
    http://www.sap.com/partners/director...chSolution.epx
    "Secure Network Communications"

    Eric Labiner
    SAP NetWeaver solution architect

    On 6/15/07, Gokul, Polasani wrote:
    > Hi MIT Team,
    >

    > I am with the SAP Basis Team at SABIC(Saudi Arabia - A Leading
    > Petrochemical Company), and we are looking to implement SAP's SNC
    > solution between SAP servers, and even within a Single Sign On

    solution
    > for our end users (integrating with SAP GUI). I have seen some
    > literature which indicates that this is available for SAP systems

    which
    > run on Win2K.
    >
    > However, one mentioned the following, which indicated that we may be
    > able to obtain a GSS-API library for UNIX (HP-UX) hosts:
    >

    > To use SSO with application servers on Unix and Windows 2000 front

    ends
    > with gsskrb5.dll, you might have to purchase a Kerberos implementation
    > for the Unix machine(s).
    >

    > Do you know if and/or where this is available for AIX/HP-UX?
    >
    > Additionally, any standard documentation you have related to the
    > kerberos GSS-API library and it's compatibility with SAP would be
    > appreciated. Please advise.
    >

    > We are on SAP 4.6C / AIX 5.2.
    >
    > We would be upgrading to SAP- ECC 6.0 either on HP or AIX platform.
    >
    > Hence we are looking for SAP-SSO solution via SAPGUI.
    >

    > Please advise.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Gokul.
    >
    > SAP Basis Team
    >
    > 00966-508474199

    > This e-mail (including any file attachment) contains confidential
    > information and/or may also be legally privileged. It is intended
    > solely for the use of the named addressees and any unauthorized
    > dissemination or use by any other person or entity is strictly
    > prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient you should not
    > transmit, copy, print, disclose or otherwise make use of and/or
    > place any reliance on this e-mail and its contents. If you have
    > received this e-mail in error, you should immediately notify the
    > sender by return e-mail and delete all copies from your system. The
    > views, opinion or advice as may be contained herein are those of
    > the sending individual and do not necessary represent that of SABIC
    > or bind SABIC. E-mails can be corrupted, altered or falsified and
    > SABIC shall not be liable for any alteration or falsification on
    > this e-mail.

    Eric
    "We'll see who rusts first!"

  5. RE: Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP)

    Eric
    "We'll see who rusts first!"