Not able to authenticate GSSAPI and Kerberos Remotely - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Not able to authenticate GSSAPI and Kerberos Remotely - Kerberos ; hi, I am trying to run the sample client/server program of kerberos and GSSAPI on two linux machines. I could able to run all these program successfully on a standalone linux machine. I am running the KDC and server program ...

  1. Not able to authenticate GSSAPI and Kerberos Remotely

    hi,

    I am trying to run the sample client/server program of kerberos and GSSAPI
    on two linux machines. I could able to run all these program successfully on
    a standalone linux machine.

    I am running the KDC and server program on one of the linux machine, and
    trying to authenticate from another mahcine with "root" login. The entry for
    this root login in added in KDC.

    I am getting the error message as

    "krb5int_locate_server: No Good Servers".

    the Krb5.conf on the which in am running the client program, has the
    information of KDC.

    Please provide me the information if i have to make some system setup to
    resolve this problem.

    regards
    jags

  2. Re: Not able to authenticate GSSAPI and Kerberos Remotely

    On May 1, 2007, at 06:26, cool yahama wrote:
    > I am trying to run the sample client/server program of kerberos and
    > GSSAPI
    > on two linux machines. I could able to run all these program
    > successfully on
    > a standalone linux machine.
    >
    > I am running the KDC and server program on one of the linux
    > machine, and
    > trying to authenticate from another mahcine with "root" login. The
    > entry for
    > this root login in added in KDC.
    >
    > I am getting the error message as
    >
    > "krb5int_locate_server: No Good Servers".

    I'm having trouble finding any code that would print that message.
    What version of the software are you using, and which test programs
    are you running, and with what options?

    > the Krb5.conf on the which in am running the client program, has the
    > information of KDC.
    >
    > Please provide me the information if i have to make some system
    > setup to
    > resolve this problem.
    >
    > regards
    > jags

    Including the krb5.conf file might help too.

    Ken

    P.S. You don't need to send to both krbdev@mit and kerberos@mit.
    The former is for developers of Kerberos code or Kerberos-using
    application code. The latter is for more general discussion of the
    software, protocol, usage, administration, etc.