Cannot find key of appropriate type to decrypt AP REP - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Cannot find key of appropriate type to decrypt AP REP - Kerberos ; Hi, I have created the webserver account and have used Use DES Encryption as checked. Still facing the following probelm :- SSException: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level (Mechanism level: Invalid arg ument (400) - Cannot find key of appropriate type ...

  1. Cannot find key of appropriate type to decrypt AP REP

    Hi,

    I have created the webserver account and have used Use DES Encryption as checked.

    Still facing the following probelm :-

    SSException: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level (Mechanism level: Invalid arg
    ument (400) - Cannot find key of appropriate type to decrypt AP REP - RC4 with H
    MAC)
    at sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5Context.acceptSecContex t(Unknown Source)

    Caused by: KrbException: Invalid argument (400) - Cannot find key of appropriate
    type to decrypt AP REP - RC4 with HMAC
    at sun.security.krb5.KrbApReq.a(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.krb5.KrbApReq.(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.jgss.krb5.InitSecContextToken.(Unknown Source)

    Please help

    With Regards
    Neha

  2. Re: Cannot find key of appropriate type to decrypt AP REP

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:16:51 +0530
    "neha" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have created the webserver account and have used Use DES Encryption as checked.

    Note that if you check 'Use DES Encryption' you need to then set the
    password and regenerate the keytab file. I'm sure you know this but I
    thought I'd make sure.

    Mike

    --
    Michael B Allen