I'm pleased to announce release 3.10 of kstart.

k4start, k5start, and krenew are modified versions of kinit which add
support for running as a daemon to maintain a ticket cache, running a
command with credentials from a keytab and maintaining a ticket cache
until that command completes, obtaining AFS tokens (via an external aklog)
after obtaining tickets, and creating an AFS PAG for a command. They are
primarily useful in conjunction with long-running jobs; for moving ticket
handling code out of servers, cron jobs, or daemons; and to obtain tickets
and AFS tokens with a single command.

Changes from previous release:

Fix compilation error with a new enough MIT Kerberos to support
krb5_get_error_message and with et/com_err.h instead of com_err.h
(such as Fedora Core 6). Thanks, Stefan Foerster.

Rework the configure script to use AS_IF instead of explicit if
statements, which allows Autoconf to do better dependency analysis.

You can download it from:

Debian packages have been uploaded to Debian unstable.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)