Win Kerb Server - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Win Kerb Server - Kerberos ; Hi, I want to implement SSO with Win2003 Server for Linux Clients. But I dont have access to Win2003 Server. ex:creating keytab files are not possible. So i installed MIT Kerberos KDC server to a Debian Etch and try to ...

  1. Win Kerb Server

    Hi,
    I want to implement SSO with Win2003 Server for Linux Clients.
    But I dont have access to Win2003 Server. ex:creating keytab files are not
    possible.
    So i installed MIT Kerberos KDC server to a Debian Etch and try to implement
    SSO for Linux Client.

    I assume above proceedures can be done on Win2003 too becasue it has a
    Kerberos Server.
    Am i correct?

    --
    Gayal Rupasinghe
    SU-APIIT

  2. Re: Win Kerb Server

    Is this possible without having Access to the Win2003 DC?

    --
    Gayal Rupasinghe
    SU-APIIT

  3. Re: Win Kerb Server

    Gayal wrote:
    > On 2/8/07, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
    >> Gayal wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I want to implement SSO with Win2003 Server for Linux Clients.
    >>> But I dont have access to Win2003 Server. ex:creating keytab files
    >>> are not possible.
    >>> So i installed MIT Kerberos KDC server to a Debian Etch and try to
    >>> implement SSO for Linux Client.
    >>>
    >>> I assume above proceedures can be done on Win2003 too becasue it
    >>> has a Kerberos Server.
    >>> Am i correct?

    >> Yes, using Microsoft's Active Directory.
    >>

    > Is this possible without having Access to the Win2003 DC?

    Depends upon what you mean by "access." You may need to have a domain
    administrator create the principals for you or otherwise extract the
    keytabs. You do not need logon access or even "domain administrator"
    access. You only need to be able to create new user / computer accounts
    and then run a few commands to extract the keytabs. This permission can
    be delegated to you by a domain admin.

    You might want to consider having the domain admin setup a Kerberos
    cross-realm trust to your MIT Kerberos realm. That might be easier than
    having keytabs for all machines in Active Directory.

    <