KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 - Kerberos

This is a discussion on KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 - Kerberos ; I have seen several emails from different people over the last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the problem. I have had the same problem and ...

  1. KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3

    I have seen several emails from different people over the last few
    months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to compile on AIX 5.x. And no
    only presume that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the
    case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore with the
    changes to shared libraries.

  2. Re: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3

    Grant,> I have seen several emails from different people over the
    Grant,> last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to
    Grant,> compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the
    Grant,> problem. I have had the same problem and can only presume
    Grant,> that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the
    Grant,> case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore
    Grant,> with the changes to shared libraries.

    We no longer run AIX tests. Our donated AIX box was very old and
    slow, and its disk was in the process of dieing.

    If there's no one out there in the Kerberos development community who
    cares enough about AIX to get the betas, test them and send bug fixes,
    then yes, AIX support is going to be fairly bad.

    Kerberos is an open-source product; if you want it to work better on
    your platform, you can do the work to make that happen or you can pay
    someone to do that work for you.

    Sam Hartman
    Manager, MIT Kerberos Team