No Kerberos environment found - Kerberos

This is a discussion on No Kerberos environment found - Kerberos ; Greetings, I installed MIT krb5-kdc, krb5-admin-server, krb5-user using apt-get install on my Debian Etch box. I need to provide SSO for my WinXP clients to access the corporate Web server which is hosted on Apache2 on the same Debian box ...

  1. No Kerberos environment found

    Greetings,

    I installed MIT krb5-kdc, krb5-admin-server, krb5-user using apt-get install
    on my Debian Etch box.

    I need to provide SSO for my WinXP clients to access the corporate Web
    server which is hosted on Apache2 on the same Debian box using the AD
    credentials.

    I was referring to
    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kerberos-I...ure-HOWTO.html as a guide.

    My Krb5.conf is as follows:

    default_realm = GNUD.IE

    [realms]
    GNUD.IE = {
    kdc = kerberos1.gnud.ie:88
    kdc = kerberos2.gnud.ie:88
    admin_server = kerberos1.gnud.ie:749
    default_domain = gnud.ie
    }

    [domain_realm]
    .gnud.ie = GNUD.IE
    gnud.ie = GNUD.IE

    I was able to initialise and create the kerberos database using;
    bash# /usr/Kerberos/sbin/kdb5_util create -s

    Then edited the kadm5.acl file to grant administrative access. It was a
    success.

    Created Princiapls.

    Installed and sync time with the server.

    Manual say installation of kerberos and KDC is now over and you are ready to
    go

    I tried to install mod_auth_kerb, (Which is a Apache module interact with
    Kerberos server) with the following command;
    $./configure --with-krb5=/software/krb5-1.3.1
    It say Configure: error: No Kerberos environment found.

    What would be the cause for this error?

    --
    Gayal Rupasinghe
    SU-APIIT

  2. RE: No Kerberos environment found

    Hi,

    is there any reason you choose krb5-1.3.1 instead of krb5-1.6 at least
    you seem to specify this version in the configure options for the apache
    module?

    Considering your config I think it should be named "krb5.conf" in
    _lower_ case and it should state:

    [libdefaults]
    default_realm = GNUD.IE

    And where did you put the krb5.conf file? If not set to another
    locaction using the KRB5_CONFIG environment variable it should reside in
    /etc/ .

    regards

[...]

    E-Mail Disclaimer

    Aus Rechts- und Sicherheitsgruenden ist die in dieser E-Mail gegebene
    Information nicht rechtsverbindlich. Eine rechtsverbindliche Bestaetigung
    reichen wir Ihnen gerne auf Anforderung in schriftlicher Form nach.
    Beachten Sie bitte, dass jede Form der unautorisierten Nutzung,
    Veroeffentlichung, Vervielfaeltigung oder Weitergabe des Inhalts dieser
    E-Mail nicht gestattet ist. Diese Nachricht ist ausschliesslich fuer
    den bezeichneten Adressaten oder dessen Vertreter bestimmt. Sollten Sie
    nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser E-Mail oder dessen Vertreter sein,
    so bitten wir Sie, sich mit dem Absender der E-Mail in Verbindung zu setzen.

    For legal and security reasons the information provided in this e-mail is not
    legally binding. Upon request we would be pleased to provide you with a legally
    binding confirmation in written form. Any form of unauthorised use, publication,
    reproduction, copying or disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted.
    This message is exclusively for the person addressed or their representative.
    If you are not the intended recipient of this message and its contents, please
    notify the sender immediately.

  3. Re: No Kerberos environment found

    Hi,

    Theres no particular reason for me to choose krb5-1.3.1 instead of krb5-1.6.
    That configure options are given on the INSTALL.txt in the mod_auth_kerb
    folder.

    Sorry its my mistake while witting the mail. But i have named it
    krb5.confin lower case.

    Also have the [libdefaults] before the default_realm = GNUD.IE

    kerb5.conf in /etc directory.

    On 1/30/07, Peger, Daniel Heinrich wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > is there any reason you choose krb5-1.3.1 instead of krb5-1.6 at least
    > you seem to specify this version in the configure options for the apache
    > module?
    >
    > Considering your config I think it should be named "krb5.conf" in
    > _lower_ case and it should state:
    >
    > [libdefaults]
    > default_realm = GNUD.IE
    >
    > And where did you put the krb5.conf file? If not set to another
    > locaction using the KRB5_CONFIG environment variable it should reside in
    > /etc/ .
    >
    > regards

  4. Re: No Kerberos environment found

    Gayal wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I installed MIT krb5-kdc, krb5-admin-server, krb5-user using apt-get
    > install on my Debian Etch box.

    Use the Debian package libapache2-mod-auth-kerb instead of trying to
    compile from source.

    <

  5. Re: No Kerberos environment found

    Gayal> I was able to initialise and create the kerberos database
    Gayal> using; bash# /usr/Kerberos/sbin/kdb5_util create -s

    Um, you're doing something very strange here./usr/kerberos does not
    exist on a Debian system.