Fwd: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Fwd: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD - Kerberos ; ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Bharat Thakur Date: Jan 27, 2007 11:10 AM Subject: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD To: hartmans@mit.edu , raeburn@mit.edu , tlyu@mit.edu Dear Sir, Hope you will help me. I have installed krb5 in ...

  1. Fwd: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Bharat Thakur
    Date: Jan 27, 2007 11:10 AM
    Subject: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD
    To: hartmans@mit.edu, raeburn@mit.edu, tlyu@mit.edu

    Dear Sir,
    Hope you will help me.
    I have installed krb5 in linux AS4 . There is already running windows 2000
    Advance Server. in the same network. I want to integrate kerberos with
    windows AD. So that AD user also can logon through linux client. Kindly
    help me to do this.
    Thanking you
    Bharat

  2. Re: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD

    Bharat Thakur wrote:
    > I have installed krb5 in linux AS4 . There is already running windows
    > 2000 Advance Server. in the same network. I want to integrate
    > kerberos with windows AD. So that AD user also can logon through
    > linux client. Kindly help me to do this.

    Please don't cross post to this list and krbdev@mit.edu ; krb5-bugs@mit.edu I'm guessing the good MIT folks don't like that.

    Can you be more specific? Do you want your linux machines to be clients to the Windows AD? Or have a seperate KDC running for the Linux hosts?

    Note that you'll need some method of getting AD users to have accounts on the Linux machines. Kerberos ONLY handles authentication, not authorization. (You might be able to use some LDAP stuff, buts thats beyond the scope of this list.)

    <

  3. Re: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD

    Dear Sir,
    Thanks for your reply. There are three linux server and one windows 2003
    AD(R2) in same network with 180 linux thin clients and 400 windows clients.
    KDC installed in first linux server other two are application server for sun
    clients. I want to integrate KDC with AD . So that linux client also logon
    with AD user.
    Thanks
    Bharat

    On 1/27/07, Bharat Thakur wrote:

> [...]

  4. Re: Re.How to configure kerberos with windows 2000 AD

    Bharat Thakur wrote:
    > Dear Sir,
    > Thanks for your reply. There are three linux server and one windows
    > 2003 AD(R2) in same network with 180 linux thin clients and 400
    > windows clients. KDC installed in first linux server other two are
    > application server for sun clients. I want to integrate KDC with AD .
    > So that linux client also logon with AD user.

    You mean you want AD users to be able to login to linux clients?

    How are the users logging on? Through SSH? Or "on the glass."?

    Do you have a realm trust setup between the AD domain and linux KDC?

    <