Printing and Kerberos - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Printing and Kerberos - Kerberos ; Hi, I was trying to setup a print server with kerberos authentication. I tried to use LPRng, but it doesn't solve my problem. It has some security problems. So I was wondering if anyone has a print server which has ...

  1. Printing and Kerberos

    Hi,
    I was trying to setup a print server with kerberos authentication.
    I tried to use LPRng, but it doesn't solve my problem. It has some
    security problems.

    So I was wondering if anyone has a print server which has kerberos
    authentication.
    Or if anyone has any idea about what to do or what to use to solve this problem.

    Help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

    --
    Nuno Rodrigues
    Instituo Superior Técnico - TagusPark

  2. Re: Printing and Kerberos

    On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 07:11:17PM +0000, Nuno Rodrigues wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I was trying to setup a print server with kerberos authentication.
    > I tried to use LPRng, but it doesn't solve my problem. It has some
    > security problems.
    >
    > So I was wondering if anyone has a print server which has kerberos
    > authentication.
    > Or if anyone has any idea about what to do or what to use to solve this problem.

    Check this out:
    http://www.cups.org/str.php?L646+P0+S0+C0+I0+E0+Q646

  3. Re: Printing and Kerberos

    Thanks for the tip Andreas.

    It looks like the guys from CUPS are developing the Kerberos Plugin.
    I'll just have to wait a bit for a more stable release