I'm pleased to announce release 3.7 of kstart.

k4start, k5start, and krenew are modified versions of kinit which add
support for running as a daemon to maintain a ticket cache, running a
command with credentials from a keytab and maintaining a ticket cache
until that command completes, obtaining AFS tokens (via an external aklog)
after obtaining tickets, and creating an AFS PAG for a command. They are
primarily useful in conjunction with long-running jobs; for moving ticket
handling code out of servers, cron jobs, or daemons; and to obtain tickets
and AFS tokens with a single command.

Changes from previous release:

Correctly honor the argument to -H for k4start and k5start. This was
lost during an earlier code restructuring. Thanks to Thomas Weiss for
the bug report.

Document that -K will renew a ticket if it will expire within two
minutes of the next wakeup, not just if it will expire before the next
wakeup.

You can download it from:

Debian packages will be uploaded to Debian unstable after the etch
release.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)