wrong date in exported keytab - Kerberos

This is a discussion on wrong date in exported keytab - Kerberos ; Colleagues, I export a keytab from the Microsoft AD (Windows 2003 server) with the ktpass.exe utility. When I look at the keytab with "ktutil -v" on a FreeBSD system, I see that the Date field is 1970-01-01. Why is that? ...

  1. wrong date in exported keytab

    Colleagues,

    I export a keytab from the Microsoft AD (Windows 2003 server) with the
    ktpass.exe utility. When I look at the keytab with "ktutil -v" on a
    FreeBSD system, I see that the Date field is 1970-01-01.

    Why is that? Can it hamper Kerberos operation?

    Keytabs exported from a Unix KDC (Heimdal from the FreeBSD base
    system) have a correct date.

    --
    Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
    2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

  2. Re: wrong date in exported keytab

    Victor Sudakov wrote:

    > I export a keytab from the Microsoft AD (Windows 2003 server) with the
    > ktpass.exe utility. When I look at the keytab with "ktutil -v" on a
    > FreeBSD system, I see that the Date field is 1970-01-01.

    > Why is that? Can it hamper Kerberos operation?

    > Keytabs exported from a Unix KDC (Heimdal from the FreeBSD base
    > system) have a correct date.

    Have I asked a silly question or doesn't anybody know the answer?

    --
    Victor Sudakov, VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
    2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

+ Reply to Thread