Win2k kfw 3.1 GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY problem - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Win2k kfw 3.1 GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY problem - Kerberos ; Hello, I've problem with Windows 2000 Prof. EN + Kerberos for Windows 3.1 + GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY ( http://www.sweb.cz/v_t_m/ - PuTTY-0.58-GSSAPI-2005-07-24.zip). The server is CentOS 4.4 with openssh 3.9p1-8.RHEL4.17.1 and 1.3.4-33. The problem is: login as: luf GSSAPI error: Miscellaneous ...

  1. Win2k kfw 3.1 GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY problem

    Hello,

    I've problem with Windows 2000 Prof. EN + Kerberos for Windows 3.1 +
    GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY (http://www.sweb.cz/v_t_m/ -
    PuTTY-0.58-GSSAPI-2005-07-24.zip). The server is CentOS 4.4 with
    openssh 3.9p1-8.RHEL4.17.1 and 1.3.4-33.

    The problem is:
    login as: luf
    GSSAPI error: Miscellaneous failure
    GSSAPI mech specific error: Program called an obsolete, deleted function

    When I've tried it on Win XP Prof. EN it works ok.
    When I've tried KfW 2.65 on Win 2k it works ok.

    I have no idea how to dig into the problem. Could anyone help me?
    If I miss some important information feel free to ask for it.

    Regards,

    Luf

  2. Re: Win2k kfw 3.1 GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY problem

    --On Thursday, January 18, 2007 05:17:52 PM +0100 Ludek Finstrle
    wrote:

    > GSSAPI error: Miscellaneous failure
    > GSSAPI mech specific error: Program called an obsolete, deleted function

    My guess would be that you are somehow mixing gssapi32.dll and krb5_32.dll
    from different releases of mit kerberos. This does not work. Make sure you
    only have one copy of each of those DLL's and that they are placed in the
    directory you installed Kerberos for Windows in. (by default, C:\Program
    Files\MIT\Kerberos\bin)

  3. Re: Win2k kfw 3.1 GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY problem

    Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:
    > --On Thursday, January 18, 2007 05:17:52 PM +0100 Ludek Finstrle
    > wrote:
    >
    >> GSSAPI error: Miscellaneous failure
    >> GSSAPI mech specific error: Program called an obsolete, deleted function

    > My guess would be that you are somehow mixing gssapi32.dll and krb5_32.dll
    > from different releases of mit kerberos. This does not work. Make sure you
    > only have one copy of each of those DLL's and that they are placed in the
    > directory you installed Kerberos for Windows in. (by default, C:\Program
    > Files\MIT\Kerberos\bin)

    If you use the depends application on Putty it will tell you where it's
    picking up its dll's and it's much more reliable than inspection of
    directories and subdirectories. There's also a version of which for
    Windows that can also search through the PATH looking for DLL's.

    Danny

  4. Re: Win2k kfw 3.1 GSSAPI/SSPI for PuTTY problem

    Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 03:41:05PM -0500, Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:
    > --On Thursday, January 18, 2007 05:17:52 PM +0100 Ludek Finstrle
    > wrote:
    >
    > > GSSAPI error: Miscellaneous failure
    > > GSSAPI mech specific error: Program called an obsolete, deleted function

    > My guess would be that you are somehow mixing gssapi32.dll and krb5_32.dll
    > from different releases of mit kerberos. This does not work. Make sure you
    > only have one copy of each of those DLL's and that they are placed in the
    > directory you installed Kerberos for Windows in. (by default, C:\Program
    > Files\MIT\Kerberos\bin)

    Oh, very good point. I want wrote I have installed only KfW 3.1.
    But I've tried search for krb_32.dll before I post it and what's my
    surprise when I found krb_32.dll in %SYSTEMROOT% (for psql client).

    Thanks again now it works like a charm

    Luf