SDK for KERBEROS for Windows question - Kerberos

This is a discussion on SDK for KERBEROS for Windows question - Kerberos ; Information requested I have a product that resides on a Windows-based platform. I want to use a Kerberos API/SDK to accomplish password resets where Kerberos/kadmin resides on a UNIX-based platform. Which MIT Kerberos API do I use? I want to ...

  1. SDK for KERBEROS for Windows question

    Information requested

    I have a product that resides on a Windows-based platform.
    I want to use a Kerberos API/SDK to accomplish password resets where
    Kerberos/kadmin resides on a UNIX-based platform.

    Which MIT Kerberos API do I use?

    I want to use the Kerberos for Windows based API, but I do not see an
    API calls for creating a remote connection to the Kerberos server.
    The KClient API DLL does not have any calls for opening/establishing the
    connection.

    Please provide me some direction so I can figure out my solution.

    Lisa

    ________________________________

    THIS EMAIL CONTAINS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND IS INTENDED FOR THE
    RECIPIENT ONLY.
    PLEASE DELETE THIS IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR.

  2. Re: SDK for KERBEROS for Windows question

    Lisa:

    What you are looking for is a kadmin client library and that is
    not a part of MIT Kerberos for Windows at the present time.

    The KClient API is a Kerberos 4 API that is not appropriate for
    your needs.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.