    How can you verify that you have the correct password for a database
    that is already created?

  2. Re: Kerberos Master Password for database

    On 2006-11-18 00:45:15 +0100, "melanotus@gmail.com" said:

    > How can you verify that you have the correct password for a database
    > that is already created?

    Without a correct password Kerberos does not work, so if your KDCs are
    up and running you have the correct db password.

    If you remove (rename) the stash and recreate it, you may verify that
    your memory is good. Otherwise you remember an incorrect password.

    (Provided that I understand how Kerberos works... I may be wrong.)

    --
    Sensei

    Research (n.): a discovery already published by a chinese guy one month
    before you, copying a russian who did it in the 60s.

+ Reply to Thread