OpenSSH and Kerberos - Kerberos

This is a discussion on OpenSSH and Kerberos - Kerberos ; Hello, I am new to Kerberos. I want to set up passwordless logon from Linux workstation clients to a Linux server using SSH via Kerberos. I have designated one of the secure Linux workstation as the KDC. Kerberos and OpenSSH ...

  1. OpenSSH and Kerberos

    Hello,

    I am new to Kerberos. I want to set up passwordless logon from Linux
    workstation clients to a Linux server using SSH via Kerberos. I have
    designated one of the secure Linux workstation as the KDC. Kerberos and
    OpenSSH were installed on all my Linux workstations and the server by
    default.

    Doese anyone has the step by step instructions for setting up the
    configurations for KDC, SSH server, and SSH clients? Your help is very
    much appriciated.

    Ian

  2. Re: OpenSSH and Kerberos

    Ian wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am new to Kerberos. I want to set up passwordless logon from Linux
    > workstation clients to a Linux server using SSH via Kerberos. I have
    > designated one of the secure Linux workstation as the KDC. Kerberos
    > and OpenSSH were installed on all my Linux workstations and the
    > server by default.
    >
    > Doese anyone has the step by step instructions for setting up the
    > configurations for KDC, SSH server, and SSH clients? Your help is very
    > much appriciated.

    This is sort of specific to our environment, but:
    https://www-s.acm.uiuc.edu/wiki/spac...+SSH+on+Debian
    might be of use to you for the SSH setup.

    The MIT docs on setting up a KDC were easy enough for me to follow
    whenever I've needed to do it. If you say what Linux distribution you
    are using, someone might be able to help you out with more specific
    info.

    < --
    Christopher D. Clausen
    ACM@UIUC SysAdmin

  3. Re: OpenSSH and Kerberos

    Thanks, Christopher.

    All my Linux clients and server are running Fedora Core 4.

    Ian