WG: Anyone has an apache running with mod_auth_kerb AND mod_auth_ldap? - Kerberos

This is a discussion on WG: Anyone has an apache running with mod_auth_kerb AND mod_auth_ldap? - Kerberos ; Yes exactly. I cannot use mod_auth_kerb, because some Users are NOT in the AD. So they must get a Login, where they can type in their Windowslogin (e.g matthias.djihangiroff@persona.de ). I cannot use the "integrated windows authetification" to auth against ...

  1. WG: Anyone has an apache running with mod_auth_kerb AND mod_auth_ldap?

    Yes exactly.

    I cannot use mod_auth_kerb, because some Users are NOT in the AD. So
    they must get a Login, where they can type in their Windowslogin (e.g
    matthias.djihangiroff@persona.de).
    I cannot use the "integrated windows authetification" to auth against
    the mod_auth_kerb.

    Im trying the new apache 2.2.x. I heard that the Apache 2.2 can use more
    than one mod_auth_* modules at one time.

    >> Actually I think mod_auth_ldap just uses ldap_bind functions to

    "authenticate" so the passwords "stored as encrypted >>hashes" part
    still confuses me a little.

    >>But you're right. I see now that the OP was asking about Basic for

    users NOT in AD so it doesn't sound like he would >>be able to use
    mod_auth_kerb.

    >> Mike

  2. Re: WG: Anyone has an apache running with mod_auth_kerb ANDmod_auth_ldap?

    Djihangiroff, Matthias (KC-DD) wrote:
    > Yes exactly.
    >
    > I cannot use mod_auth_kerb, because some Users are NOT in the AD. So
    > they must get a Login, where they can type in their Windowslogin (e.g
    > matthias.djihangiroff@persona.de).
    > I cannot use the "integrated windows authetification" to auth against
    > the mod_auth_kerb.
    >
    > Im trying the new apache 2.2.x. I heard that the Apache 2.2 can use more
    > than one mod_auth_* modules at one time.

    This is true, and is done via AUTHBasicProvider directive. The problem
    is that mod_auth_kerb is NOT in the list of authentication providers
    supported by apache 2.2

    I'm not been able to use mod_auth_kerb version 5.1 as an authentication
    provider in apache 2.2.

    Anyone knows if it is possible to use mod_auth_kerb as a "BasicProvider" ?

    Ciao,
    Enrico