kerberos password requirements - Kerberos

This is a discussion on kerberos password requirements - Kerberos ; Hi, Currently the password requirements for kerberos is 10 characters using 2 of 5 classes (lower, upper, numeric, punctuation, other). Could someone point me to why/how this criteria came about and tell me if this will remain the requirements in ...

  1. kerberos password requirements

    Hi,

    Currently the password requirements for kerberos is 10 characters
    using 2 of 5 classes (lower, upper, numeric, punctuation, other).
    Could someone point me to why/how this criteria came about and tell
    me if this will remain the requirements in the future.

    Thanks.
    Ryan Schultz
    Fermilab

  2. Re: kerberos password requirements

    Ryan Schultz writes:

    > Hi,
    > Currently the password requirements for kerberos is 10 characters
    > using 2 of 5 classes (lower, upper, numeric, punctuation, other). Could
    > someone point me to why/how this criteria came about and tell me if this
    > will remain the requirements in the future.

    There isn't any general "Kerberos" requirement. That sounds like a local
    site policy to me.

    --
    Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)

  3. Re: kerberos password requirements

    On Monday, October 02, 2006 02:08:59 PM -0500 Ryan Schultz
    wrote:

    > Currently the password requirements for kerberos is 10 characters using
    > 2 of 5 classes (lower, upper, numeric, punctuation, other). Could
    > someone point me to why/how this criteria came about and tell me if this
    > will remain the requirements in the future.

    That's a matter of local policy, not something required by Kerberos.
    Talk to your administrators.

    -- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS)
    Sr. Research Systems Programmer

  4. Re: kerberos password requirements

    On 2006-10-02 21:08:59 +0200, rschultz@fnal.gov (Ryan Schultz) said:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Currently the password requirements for kerberos is 10 characters
    > using 2 of 5 classes (lower, upper, numeric, punctuation, other).
    > Could someone point me to why/how this criteria came about and tell me
    > if this will remain the requirements in the future.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ryan Schultz
    > Fermilab

    You should ask your system administrators: they set the policies.

    --
    Sensei

    Research (n.): a discovery already published by a chinese guy one month
    before you, copying a russian who did it in the 60s.

+ Reply to Thread