Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO - Kerberos

This is a discussion on Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO - Kerberos ; Hi@ Juan Manuel Sestelo, I'm very interested if you have solved the problem "Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO". I have exactly the same problem as you have reported in this forum and I wonder if you can ...

  1. Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO

    Hi@ Juan Manuel Sestelo,

    I'm very interested if you have solved the problem "Error in client with
    kerberos and SAP SSO".

    I have exactly the same problem as you have reported in this forum and I
    wonder if you can provide me the solution.

    Problem description:

    Hi,
    I have implemented an SSO solution with kerberos5, SNC, Active Directory
    2K3 with SAP(Unix
    Server). It Works fine, but I found an error in some clients that I want
    to investigate.

    Some days, in the morning (note: users don't close the windows sessions
    at the end of work-day,
    they block-out their computers), when users try to connect to SAP, they
    receive the following
    client error (in the SAP client log):

    Sapgui 620 [Build 8966] Wed Feb 16 10:03:14 2005: 'GSS-API(maj): No
    valid credentials provided (or
    available) GSS-API(min): No Kerberos SSPI credentials available for
    requested nam
    name="p:user at SITE.DOMAIN.COM
    "
    Component SNC (Secure Network Communication)
    Release 620
    Version 5
    Module sncxxall.c
    Line 1223
    Method SncPAcquireCred
    Return Code -4
    System Call gss_acquire_cred
    Counter 4

    or this one:

    Sapgui 620 [Build 8966] Tue Feb 15 10:21:59 2005 : 'SNCERR_GSSAPI
    An operation failed at the GSS-API level sec_avail="false"
    Component SNC (Secure Network Communication)
    Release 620
    Version 5
    Module sncxx.c
    Method SncInit
    Return Code -4
    Counter 2

    The problem ends if the user close it windows session and start it
    again.
    Someone knows this error?

    Thanks for you help/answer in advanced.

    Regards,

    Sascha

  2. RE: Error in client with kerberos and SAP SSO

    Hi,

    I recommend that you report this to SAP, since you are using the SAP
    supplied SSPI wrapper library (gsskrb5.dll), which is displaying this
    error. The error means that the SAP gss library was unable to find any
    Kerberos ticket in the Microsoft credentials cache for the given user
    principal name.

    Thanks,
    Tim Alsop
    CyberSafe Limited