MySQL and Kerberos - Kerberos

This is a discussion on MySQL and Kerberos - Kerberos ; Anyone know how to use Kerberos with MySQL? I thought I once saw a kludge where you could use Kerberos with some kind of tunneling mechanism and make the server pick up the username from the tunnel. I can't seem ...

  1. MySQL and Kerberos

    Anyone know how to use Kerberos with MySQL?

    I thought I once saw a kludge where you could use Kerberos with some
    kind of tunneling mechanism and make the server pick up the username
    from the tunnel. I can't seem to find any reference to that with
    Google now, though.

    Anyone actually considering adding code themselves? ;-)

  2. Re: MySQL and Kerberos

    The best idea I could come up with was to Kerberize PHPMyAdmin. At one
    time I wanted to add Kerberos support to eGroupware, PHPGroupware,
    PHPldapadmin, and PHPMyAdmin

  3. Re: MySQL and Kerberos

    Does the MySQL server have any provision for external identification
    of users at all?

    Beyond this point maybe the question belongs on a MySQL list. Thanks
    for answering though.